Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is 3,100 run hours alot for Resmed Aircurve 10 ST-A?
RE: Is 3,100 run hours alot for Resmed Aircurve 10 ST-A?
(04-17-2020, 06:26 PM)Michaely6 Wrote: My normal minute vent is around 5.7 and respiration around 14.

So current tidal volume is about 407 mL, and you calculated your ideal Vt should be about 469 mL at 6 mL/kg, and thought that would be low?   Interesting.  The rule of thumb is to subtract 1 mL/lb or 2 mL/kg IBW to bet alveolar minute vent.  Anyway, if we assume your IBW is 172 lbs (78 kg), we subtract 172 mL from 469 and get 298 mL which gives us a minute vent of 4.2 L/min. 

Run the learn function and see what you get, but be aware that your attempt to breathe normally during the Learn mode tends to result a significant over-calculation of the minute vent for sleep. Part of the titration process is gong to be adjusting the Va to get to your normal or ideal minute vent.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes that run of Learn would be with mask on and awake. And you have to breathe normal. Yippie. You get to simulate the frustration and oxymoronic state of a sleep study, but for free.

And yes as I understand it, it's inaccurate and will require some manual adjusting. It's a pick your poison situation. Do the Learn and let the machine get it wrong or do the math and see how close you get.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thing you did very well!

(I bought mine used; forget how long ago. My friend failed out of cpap therapy and sold her gear to me. Recently I checked my hours for the first time. about 22,000 hours if I remember correctly.) I'm glad it's lasted.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 296 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 552 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 204 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 284 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.