Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is 3,100 run hours alot for Resmed Aircurve 10 ST-A?
RE: Is 3,100 run hours alot for Resmed?
The machine appears to run well. Haven't tried it for a night yet
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to clarify, this is an Aircurve 10 ST? The Aircurve line includes a lot of different machines (S, Vauto, ST, ASV, ST-A) and each has it's application for different issues. As I recall, you treat complex or central apnea with ASV, and while the ST has a backup rate, it is not a substitute for ASV. Your used machine is a good deal if it is the right one for you, but it is not a substitute for the ASV, and it is much more like the Aircurve VPAP-S than like the Vauto or ASV. The ST is a fixed bilevel pressure device that can work in CPAP, VPAP S, ST and T modes. The pressure support is more square-wave in delivery and it does not have Easybreathe.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, it's actually an aircurve 10 ST-A with IVAPS technology not the ST. I still have my ASV machine as well but my tidal volume and minute vent was consistently lower than what it should be for my height and weight (6'2 and 218 lbs) so I just wanted to see if th ST-A will do me any good in raising that. I have a clot in my left lung which I believe also plays a role in my tidal volume being lower than usual so I wanted to see if the ST-A can help me out on that. For now though, the ASV is still my main machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well that helps! The ST-A is a very expensive machine, and you got a good deal. The ST-A iVAPS mode has settings that will let you maintain minute vent, while the ASV tended to trend downward. The changes in pressure support should address your CA, but the changes tend to take place over several breaths rather than all at once with ASV. This machine will maintain a generally higher pressure support. I'll be interested in following your experience with this.

I modified the title of this thread because the specific model makes a big difference.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is 3,100 run hours alot for Resmed Aircuve 10 ST-A?
(04-16-2020, 02:20 PM)Michaely6 Wrote: In your opinion, is 3,100 run hours alot of hours for a used Resmed aircurve machine?

I'll second a nomination for your machine to get into the CPAP Hall of Fame.  Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for updating the the title and I will be sure to be providing screenshots of my ST-A journey! Any idea of a good starting point for Target Va? Should I set it based on VT/kg of 6 ml/kg ibw, 7 ml/kg ibw, or 8 ml/kg ibw? 6 ml/kg setting has a VT of 469ml which seem kind of low to me but I could be wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is your normal minute vent and respiration rate? The Va will be lower than the Mv or Vt because it subtracts dead space in the airway that does not exchange.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is 3,100 run hours alot for Resmed Aircurve 10 ST-A?
If you choose, the ST-A has an Learn function to calculate Target Va. It takes about 20 minutes to run it. I can't vouch for accuracy on the Learn function results. You should have the option to manually set it or run Learn.

Screenshot:
[attachment=22041]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My normal minute vent is around 5.7 and respiration around 14.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2020, 01:16 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: If you choose, the ST-A has an Learn function to calculate Target Va. It takes about 20 minutes to run it. I can't vouch for accuracy on the Learn function results. You should have the option to manually set it or run Learn.

Screenshot:

For the learn target feature, I have to wear the mask for 20 minutes while awake?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 5 50 5 hours ago
Last Post: johnathanb76
  Airsense 10 run hours??? eok361 5 129 10 hours ago
Last Post: eok361
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 4 96 Yesterday, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 108 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 996 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 157 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 697 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.