Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is SleepyHead "good enough"?
Is SleepyHead "good enough"?
Background: Ancient Mac, can't afford new hardware, can't run OSCAR native, hate Windows, want to avoid complexities (vm, Linux, etc.).

Downloaded and installed last SH. It runs. Waiting for SD card reader.

Will SH provide enough useful data to help improve my sleep?

Thanks, Harv
Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is SleepyHead "good enough"?
There have been inclusions of additional machines, but the Airsense 10 series was well-developed and very useful in older versions. The Beginner"s Guide to Sleepyhead Wiki documents a lot of its capabilities http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead Program changes have streamlined and improved code and debugged a lot of errors, changed editorial comments, and changed the name. The driving force that caused compatibility problems with older versions of Windows is the core programming compiler QT, no longer supported those platforms. The program evolved.

By the way, your Avatar's name is Bob.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2021, 05:27 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: There have been inclusions of additional machines, but the Airsense 10 series was well-developed and very useful in older versions.  The Beginner"s Guide to Sleepyhead Wiki documents a lot of its capabilities http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead  Program changes have streamlined and improved code and debugged a lot of errors, changed editorial comments, and changed the name.

The driving force that caused compatibility problems with older versions of Windows is the core programming compiler QT, no longer supported those platforms.  The program evolved.

Thanks, Sleeprider.

There have been inclusions of additional machines, but the Airsense 10 series was well-developed and very useful in older versions.  The Beginner"s Guide to Sleepyhead Wiki documents a lot of its capabilities http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead  Program changes have streamlined and improved code and debugged a lot of errors, changed editorial comments, and changed the name. 

I'm not sure if you're referring to SH or OSCAR. If SH, good news for me, using Airsense 10. Name change?

The driving force that caused compatibility problems with older versions of Windows is the core programming compiler QT, no longer supported those platforms.  The program evolved.

I wondered what references to QT meant. Thanks. QT evolved until it passed Windows?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You've answered my question indirectly. I think. Here's the big question:

If I put up graphs from SH, can you guys use them to help me tune my setup and improve my sleep?

Thanks, Harv

[Image: thanks.gif]

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Absolutely.

Qt is the codebase https://www.qt.io/
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Sleeprider. That's a lot of work off my plate.

Harv

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2021, 05:54 PM)midwestguy Wrote: If I put up graphs from SH, can you guys use them to help me tune my setup and improve my sleep?

Thanks, Harv
Hi Harv,
I used Sleepyhead for several years, before OSCAR was released, and I used both for a while, to see where there were differences.  I would caution you about Sleepyhead's Resmed importer:  It seemed that when I imported data (from my S9 Autoset at that time), after about a week, some duplicate sessions would appear.  I noticed this as I keep a separate log of Sleep time and AHI, and as I looked back, I could see duplicate entries appearing, which inflated the AHI.  This issue went away with OSCAR.  It is only an issue if you are selecting days in the past to re-review the data.  Also, I import every day, so don't know it this bug would affect stats if one did not import so often.  Otherwise, Sleepyhead did a fine job for me.
Hope this helps.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, A. Becker.

Harv

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider,

How do you my avatar’s name is Bob? Is there a story there?

Harv

Post Reply Post Reply
Bob is the "mascot" and image used in Sleepyhead before it forked to Oscar.  If you were there, you knew it. Anyway, Bob is claimed as a copyrighted derivative work by Mark Watkins a.k.a. JediMark who originally created Sleepyhead. It's use on Apnea Board may be somewhat questionable due to a very contentious parting of the ways a few  years ago when Mark abandoned the project, leading shortly thereafter to what became the Oscar fork, an important part of which was to remove all images, names and other things claimed as trademarks.  So yes, there is history, not all of it is pleasant.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, sorry to hear that. So in all fairness, and to avoid opening old wounds,
I should look for a new avatar, as cute as it is.

Thanks for the history.

Harv

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbsdown Trying to import F&P data into Sleepyhead, no good :-( SavageCarrot 2 1,834 06-10-2018, 06:33 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  sleepyhead not showing good in uhd natyprueba 13 2,807 03-20-2018, 04:08 PM
Last Post: ShaunBlake

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.