Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setting BiPAP machine
RE: Setting BiPAP machine
Did you either use a new SD card or formatted an old one before using it in your new CPAP? It sounds like you didn't, and it had previous data on it. Either purge those days or all your data and start anew. Just make sure your SD card is blank.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not certain I follow the reasoning here!!!

I did nothing with the SD card.  I am just working on the computer no card read.

The only thing I did was to create a new profile in Oscar and compared with the old one.
No data was imported.
Unless wrong, Oscar does not import data unless you specify it ???

More, when in Oscar daily view with new profile, the description under the orange bar with AHI value is not changed ???

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
If you created a new profile with a different user-name, there should be no data in that profile until you import it from the SD card. You do need to be sure that when you are importing SD card data that you are using the correct profile. If for some reason there is data in the new profile, you can easily purge it, but it should be basically a blank database. You should be able to see both profiles listed when you click on the Profile tab, and select the profile you want to activate.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2023, 03:51 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: If you created a new profile with a different user-name, there should be no data in that profile until you import it from the SD card.  You do need to be sure that when you are importing SD card data that you are using the correct profile.   If for some reason there is data in the new profile, you can easily purge it, but it should be basically a blank database.  You should be able to see both profiles listed when you click on the Profile tab, and select the profile you want to activate.

You are right Sleeprider.

I had too many profiles and mixed directories.
I uninstalled Oscar and reinstalled it after directory clean-up.
Now I have one profile for CPAP with all my data and one profile for BiPAP with no data. (I should receive the BiPAP tomorrow.)

One other question I have is if Oscar will export data in the same form as before.
My guess is that no new column will appear in the csv files but previous empty column will now have data as others might lose some.
If that should not be the case, can you give me a description of the changes.

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 160 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,206 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 859 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 426 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 389 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 3,012 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.