Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

macOS will not open OSCAR ?
macOS will not open OSCAR ?
macOS says it cannot verify that this app is free from malware, and will not open my download install.  Gotta ask what to do.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: macOS will not open OSCAR ?
Did you follow these instructions? http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Apple_Mac
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: macOS will not open OSCAR files ?
Installed new Oscar 1.4 but never received notice it would set up a file for my data.  Never given a chance to select recommended/alternative and no to SD card itself.  This never showed up.

PopUp message never seen for “CPAPData Located” even tho locked SD card in flashing reader.  MacVentura 13.1 privacy has selections ON for Desktop folder,  documents folder and downloads folder, but nothing stored.  HAve installed current version 3X trying to pick up missing piece.  Yes followed Install and run first time doc.  Perhaps my cognitive fog to far gone to understand why my download is not advancing?  not being a smart ass,  maybe just can't get it.  thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
jrolli1509,

It's hard to tell from your screenshot where those files are located. OSCAR.app should be installed in your Applications folder, and OSCAR_Data should be in your Documents folder.
Open Finder and check both those locations.

Were you running an older version of OSCAR, or is 1.4 your first install?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't even find the file, and its not in the Apple app store.

I click on this>>>>>>>>>>>>>OSCAR .dmg  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

it takes me back to this site 
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave W,

OSCAR is not available in the app store. It is only available here. To be sure you have the correct one I would suggest deleting the current OSCAR-1.4.0.dmg you have and download again from the black ribbon above.
Or the direct link: https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

After you download the file, double click the .dmg file then follow the directions from the Wiki here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Apple_Mac

That will install OSCAR in your /Applications folder. You can then find it by opening Finder and clicking the Applications folder in the left pane. You should see OSCAR.app in there. Double click OSCAR.app and OSCAR will start.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I have Ventura 13.2 and the latest Oscar installed fine for me and works fine as well.

I did have a previous version of Oscar installed from the Pre-Ventura days (Installed on Catalina/Intel Mac and migrated to this machine), so perhaps if you did a new install rather than an upgrade as I did your experience would be different.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  scrolling issues in OSCAR 1.5.1 for macOS leonking 3 676 02-07-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Buidling OSCAR on macOS Sonoma (14.2.1) hisaotsu 2 491 01-08-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR - will not open [solved - see post #2] gjstein 4 1,465 08-31-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: John7
  OSCAR build errors on MacOS JEMH 2 580 08-23-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: JEMH
Cool Open Source Oximeter Software DavidEsp 0 751 02-21-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  Open OSCAR to profile PaulaO2 3 537 02-01-2023, 09:53 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  macOS Ventura users please read Jeff8356 0 579 11-25-2022, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.