Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is my breathing shallow ?
RE: Is my breathing shallow ?
holy fricken crap! I guess those shots in the dark sometimes do poke a bullseye!

I hope this does continue. you now have some results that can help you coax the doctor into providing the bi-level once it becomes necessary.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like another good night. That break is when I got up for a wee break and my noise was so stuffy that I didn't want to lie down.
Sleeprider where do I add 1cm max pressure ?  

[Image: 0DxAo5Al.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I am thinking SR was speaking of increasing your minimum pressure by 1 cm, meaning 13 - 16 at EPR 3.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
I put the minimum to 13 last night. Flow rate waveform still looks funny.

[Image: igsvpf4l.png]

[Image: 2WNUsh3l.png]

[Image: WqGclLUl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
dwd, I can't tell you how much better this all looks. Your current tidal volume is at a healthy 540 mL and the respiration rate has normalized. You still exhibit flow-limitation which is the flat-topped and downward sloping inspiration. The leak rate is acceptable, but not pretty...you can probably live with that.

You are basically running at 13/10 most of the night with the machine rising less than 1-cm in response to the flow volume and limitations. At this point the only reason to be concerned about the irregular shape of your flow curve is if you're not feeling better. If you were on BiPAP (bilevel), then it's pretty clear that 10 cm EPAP resolves your obstructive events, but the machine could provide 4-5 cm of pressure support to really eliminate the flow limits. I doubt that you will actually get insurance approval for a change to bilevel when you are frankly killing my event numbers. That's fantastic!

I want to suggest you hold off on further adjustments for a week or two and see if these great results continue, and if you start to feel the benefits of better ventilation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that and all your help Sleeprider. And thanks to all who offered their advice and thoughts on my treatment and well being.
I will go with these settings for a few weeks. We are off this week for a trip to visit our children in Queensland.
I have a appointment with my sleep Dr on the 15th August.
I don't have any insurance so if I wish to go bilevel it will be out of pocket.
Post Reply Post Reply
wow, that is quite an amazing development.
.. although I don't understand why the machine says, you have next to none flowlimitations. Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
Just back home after 3 weeks away visiting the kids in a warmer climate  I had several 0 ahi nights. I'll see how I go now back home.
Sleep Dr next week so see what he has to say about the bad time last month. A few screen shots.

[Image: zvoXEVe.png]

[Image: 0Hh5wHS.png]

[Image: yVOPdqU.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
yep. those are mighty pretty charts. looks good.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I saw my sleep Dr today. He didn't have any answer to why my respiratory rate was high for almost a month during June and July. One thing he did say was he didn't think it was Cheyne–Stokes .

We kept coming back to the fact that during the days that my machine showed the high respiratory rate I didn't feel unwell or any difference then other times.
So no real answer to what was going or caused it. With the fact that I have been sleeping well with no increased respiratory rate for over a month it's just keep an eye on it.

I must admit that the way things have settled down I thought about cancelling the appointment but glad I went ahead and got the reassurance that all is well.  

Since the 11th July I have had 15 nights of 0 ahi. So although not the be all and end all things must be going ok.

Thanks again for all the help during this time of strange what ever it was. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,117 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 149 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 511 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 384 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 221 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Implications of Expiratory mouth breathing? SingleH 9 488 02-09-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.