Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is sleep apnea a forever condition?
RE: Is sleep apnea a forever condition?
Sometimes I do get that "dreaded" feeling of "Ugh I have to wear this thing the rest of my life" but I notice that for me it just happens and is probably normal to feel once in a while. It especially bothers me for a bit if it's a rough night where the mask is causing issues or whatever the case may be. In the end it is what it is, and quality of life is still better using the darn thing, as compared to gasping and not breathing in your sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2020, 03:04 PM)dreamstream Wrote: I find myself a bit grief stricken that I'll have to wear this gear for the rest of my days

A few years into CPAP, and I have that feeling more when looking at my razor and toothbrush.  Big Grin   The machine has just become part of the routine of getting into bed.  If I could choose one of the three to be free from, I'd probably pick the toothbrush.  Give it time, anything can become ingrained habit with time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes we are all on cpap for life, as I am on insulin now for the rest of my life, but I thank god I live now, and not seventy years ago, when none of this was around, where if you had a heart problem, there were no stents around, just look at the medical inventions in your lifetimes, I don't like it but I do like living, what about the rest of you? Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been on cpap, bipap and ASV. I love my ASV and I do not worry about using it for the rest of my life. I need it to survive and I will.

I am a disabled vet and I just got a Resmed Air curve 10 ASV from the VA as my resmed 9 had reached its usable life (Hours maxed)

Follow
your Drs. advice and listen to some people on here.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 224 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 106 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Need help with RERAs in sleep apnea shedu1337 8 279 04-03-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
  Heart Failure with Sleep Apnea kwhenrykerr 2 190 04-02-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 377 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 499 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 745 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.