Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is there an iPhone app better than MyAir?
Is there an iPhone app better than MyAir?
I have a new machine and it is a ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset.  The mask is a Phillips Dreamweaver.  The software app for that the mask company promotes is not compatible with my machine.  The app that I am using, which Apria said I should use, MyAir, takes FOREVER to update my data.  Is this normal for this type of software?  Is there a different one that would work with my machine and not take so long to create my reports?
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is there an iPhone app better than MyAir?
I get as much good as I get from myair from my machine when I turn it off.

To get really good info about your therapy download OSCAR to your PC then post an organized Screenshot
Post Reply Post Reply
Plmnb, the masks from the various manufacturers are all compatible between the different brands of machines. Philips would certainly like for you to use a Dreamstation, but many members on this forum use the Dreamwear masks with their Resmed machines and vice versa, and get good therapy. Of course you could always make them happy and use a Resmed mask instead. Mask effectiveness is mostly a matter of fit and comfort. If you can wear your mask comfortably and without major episodes of leaks, then it is fine to use.

As bonjour suggested, the OSCAR software can be a valuable tool to help you to optimize your therapy. There is a much richer interface and more information than MyAir can provide. If you think Apria hates MyAir, wait until you are empowered with the information in OSCAR.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will check out this OSCAR you mention.  Is it available for MAC?  Why do I need to post an “organized screen shot”?

Regards.
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much for the information.  I will go now and check this OSCAR out.  Do I just type OSCAR software into the google search?  But I do still wonder about having to post an “organized screenshot”?  Why would I need to do this or am I misunderstanding the instruction posted?
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR is linked at the top of the page or https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

Please be aware that your Mac will warn you the file is not safe and will refuse to install it. You will need to follow this tutorial for installing and using the software: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Apple_Mac

More help files are located here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Plmnb, the "organised screenshot" refers to a picture of the OSCAR daily page organised to give optimum information. The instructions are here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2019, 09:44 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: OSCAR is linked at the top of the page or https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

Please be aware that your Mac will warn you the file is not safe and will refuse to install it.  You will need to follow this tutorial for installing and using the software:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Apple_Mac  

More help files are located here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help

Also on the Mac there are OS restrictions. Minimum OS is listed on the page for download . Last I remember you need 10.12 (Sierra) or later. I have to run it on my MacBook as my desktop is El Capitan.

On a side note, the myAir app is more of a feel good app vs a true diagnostic tool. Mine usually takes about 2 hours to update and I take a look to see if it is worth digging deeper using OSCAR. Very rarely do I get 100% on their system as I sleep less than 7 hours and often have to get up a couple of times at night (one to feed the cats) all of which deducts points.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your response.  (Finally able to reply to everyone now that my post allotment started again). 

I have the latest MacBook Pro, so I should be ok OS wise.

I did download the OSCAR.  As I was afraid, as is my experience with open source programs, it looks very complicated.  

I did pick up the SD that goes with my machine and will probably give finishing setting up the system tonight.  I will warn ya’ll, I’m going to be requesting quite a bit of guidance with the program.

Regards,
Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-09-2019, 08:13 PM)Plmnb Wrote: Thank you for your response.  (Finally able to reply to everyone now that my post allotment started again). 

I have the latest MacBook Pro, so I should be ok OS wise.

I did download the OSCAR.  As I was afraid, as is my experience with open source programs, it looks very complicated.  

I did pick up the SD that goes with my machine and will probably give finishing setting up the system tonight.  I will warn ya’ll, I’m going to be requesting quite a bit of guidance with the program.

Regards,
Plmnb

Were here for you if you can follow the process to post a daily graph in my signature we can help you to intemperate the graphs
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MyAir App / OSCAR - looking for thoughts - Help! DaveHirschler 5 59 Yesterday, 07:09 PM
Last Post: DaveHirschler
  Myair data accurate? dbinTO 2 242 03-11-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 199 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Oscar for (Andriod and Mac iPhone) ? Reesche 1 360 11-24-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  MyAir: What does score_detail_score_components_usage_score mean? tottbjorn 2 682 06-06-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: tottbjorn
  MyAir App? Quarky68 1 977 06-07-2022, 07:17 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  MyAir Recording Mask Off Events a.paul 2 989 05-15-2022, 09:57 AM
Last Post: a.paul

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.