Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is this CS respiration?
Is this CS respiration?
I noticed a pretty significant event this morning as seen below.  Seems to be a series of waxing and waning breathing followed by a significant reduction in volume.  One event seems to last almost 2 minutes!   Let me know if you would like more detail.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is this CS respiration?
Nothing to worry about there just a small amount of periodic breathing
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers are OK, and none of that is CSR.  The events are long, and the significance of that is in what happened to your Oxygen levels.  The Minute Vent chart will somewhat follow your oxygen levels so if that stat is taking a significant dip for extended periods (Medicare says Oxygen desats of 8 minutes per night to or below a level of 88% should be treated with supplemental oxygen.)  The only way I know to determine this is with a recording oximeter.  If you choose to go this route get one that is compatible with OSCAR (SleepyHead).
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a couple charts with Minute Vent added
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2019, 09:17 AM)discojon Wrote: Here is a couple charts with Minute Vent added

Do you tape your mouth with the nasal mask just wondering if you were mouth breathing but keeping the soft pallet closed so not to occur leaks as the flow waveform is very reduced during that time we also cannot see your leak line
Post Reply Post Reply
Does this help?  And no i don't tape my mouth.  Wife noticed some mouth leaks last night she told me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you set your Max y to 15 on the minute Vent, It looks like you are dipping to 3 or lower (50% of your median) for many minutes. If you have access I'd run an overnight oximeter just to eliminate desats as being an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
here you go
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Cheyne Stokes Respiration & Severe OSA Keymom0122 2 95 04-08-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Keymom0122
  Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate? BDGold99 4 252 03-31-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [CPAP] Cheyne Stokes Respiration and Central Apnea Clusters Aldiorg 8 868 02-19-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 339 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Respiration Rate wickedsleepy 11 588 02-08-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What is optimal respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, etc? ATeam91 4 508 01-23-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ATeam91
  Cheyne Stokes respiration (CS) Thefroggydude 27 2,024 10-08-2023, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Thefroggydude

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.