Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is this a pillow or a position or pressure issue?
Is this a pillow or a position or pressure issue?
Been on apap ~ 6 months, going great, typical AHI is around .5   If I sleep on my side that is.  I can go to sleep on my side and wake up not having moved most nights.

In the mornings I do tend to want to sleep on my back, or go back to sleep but usually I can’t.  I’ll still be awake, on my back, and I’ll catch something in my airway blocking for a split second and it keeps me up. Could it be solved with some kind of contour pillow to keep my neck supported and airway open? I just use a normal pillow now.  Am I just stuck being a side sleeper now forever? It’s working as far as the numbers are concerned I guess. It’s just not as comfortable, shoulders/arms bug me, sometimes back too. 

And finally the pressure always feels much lower in the morning.  Can it go lower than the minimum?  Or maybe am I just more adjusted after 6-7 hours of having it on?  I haven’t actually pulled up Oscar in months because I feel great and the AHI numbers look fantastic, some nights are 0 even.  Do I need to get into Oscar and find some info there to shed some light on all this.  I haven’t thought to look for anything when I feel the airway cut off because it’s so fast and really doesn’t change my breathing. 

Thanks,
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is this a pillow or a position or pressure issue?
The charts give us info, indirectly, on positional issues. Verba)y it sounds like you may be tucking your chin, if so that usually shows as a clustering of events.
Per your profile, your inhale pressure cannot go lower than 7.5, depending on your flex settings your exhale pressure can only go down to about 5 and is variable.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 155 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 101 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 654 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.