Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is this my Prescription?
Is this my Prescription?
Had to make two posts since only three attachments are allowed.  Anyway, is this a prescription I can send to a online vendor?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is this my Prescription?
I believe so. It’s a bit different from mine but I’m sure it’s all the same in the end? Send it and if it’s accepted you’re good to go
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
You may ask the doctor to specifically call out the make and model with the wording "Fill as ordered with no substitutions"

I would choose the following..
CPAP - request ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet ( maybe even "For Her" just to get the extra algorithm... the flowers wouldn't worry me )
BiPAP - request ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto
ASV - request ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV

You might also want to explicitly request the ResMed ClimateLine Heated Hose
Just a thought.

EDIT I see the heated hose box was checked at the top
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, ask the doc to add heated hose and state ResMed. ResMed being the most important. Either way, insist on ResMed from the DME and do not accept anything else other than a AutoSet or AutoSet for Her.
Post Reply Post Reply
If he’s sending that to one of the suppliers he can just buy a ResMed AutoSet and the ClimateLine. Does he really have to go back to the doc?
Post Reply Post Reply
Typically a prescription is required for a heated hose from a DME, legally I'm not sure. This should be just a phone call or email, or a "MyChart" communication. It should not require a visit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Heated humidification is checked up top that’s why I say that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Heated humidification is a blast from the past when the humidification chambers were not integrated, and is for the chamber not the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I realized that as soon as I posted it. I replied again but to the wrong post somehow
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 119 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  Prescription settings AfibApnea 12 792 11-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: AfibApnea
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 982 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  Buying ASV online without a prescription books456 19 1,981 05-31-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  [Equipment] Newbie with prescription and brand new machine from relative Bruce61 1 459 02-18-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Prescription for BiPAP DanEm 11 1,187 12-25-2022, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How to get a prescription - live in rural area Madison320 22 2,417 11-11-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Madison320

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.