Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is this new iNAP sleep device just as good as CPAP? Any of you try it before?
RE: Is this new iNAP sleep device just as good as CPAP? Any of you try it before?
Here is my pre-evaluation WITHOUT having used the device yet.
1.Small
2.Lightweight
3. Quiet
4. Rechargeable
5.Low power use, only to initiate the seal.
6. Unobtrusive
7.Nothing on your face.
8.Unaffected by head movement, contact with bedding, etc.
9.No effect on airway or lungs.
10. No humidity or heating issues.
11. Non-invasive
12. Directly addresses the problematic tissues instead of trying to drag them around by mouthguards or MMA surgery.

There's a lot to like.  As an engineer, I think these people are on the right track.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is this new iNAP sleep device just as good as CPAP? Any of you try it before?
(01-28-2021, 01:36 AM)JMZZZ Wrote: Well, now with the iNAP (negative air pressure) system, I no longer awake with a distended abdomen, injure my jaw, awake with pain in the delicate soft tissues of my mouth and I get to sleep in my back as much as I want!!! (my favorite).   And, according to my hubby, I snore very little!  ;-)

So, personally, is the iNAP just as good as CPAP...I say, it's better!  Sleep-well

Hi there,

Could you tell us if you have mild, moderate or severe Sleep Apnea? What's your AHI?
I'm seriously considering this (although it doesn't look like I can get it in Canada yet) as I can't tolerate CPAP (a mask specifically).  I have UARS with an AHI of 2 so if I hear it helps even mild to moderate sleep apnea that gives me hope.

I really don't like the extra costs of consumables but if it makes me feel better so that I can work and have a life again then it's worth it.  People on CPAP have to buy filters and new masks once in a while anyway.

Please advise,

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds good on the surface but I know that I would not be a good candidate.  CPAP may not be perfect but if my nose plugs up I start breathing from my mouth.  Without the option of breathing through my mouth I would not have the time to recover.

I use a Dreamwear nasal pillow mask (the one that looks like a pillow with a hole cut in it. You either love it or loathe it.) with a pressure of 14 (on CPAPCheck it wanders from 12 to 16) and a light chin strap to help my body remember to keep my mouth shut.  With the nasal mask, I have not had a problem with swallowing air as excess pressure will exit the mouth rather than swallow it. 

I used to be a heavy mouth breather but the cpap changed that.  Now if I snore it is always on the exhale and never on the inhale (EPR).
Post Reply Post Reply
I currently use the same mask.  (it's the nasal mask - the nasal pillow mask refers to the one with things that go into the nares of your nose).
It sounds like it's working for you, but having your nose plug up isn't ideal.  I had turbinate and septum surgeries to fix my nose so I can breathe through it.  Your sinuses warm and humidify the air and your capillaries in the nose produce nitric oxide, etc.  It's healthier not to breathe through your mouth.
Anyway, good luck and I hope this Inap is an improvement over needing a CPAP machine.  I'll post how I do with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2021, 01:49 AM)JMZZZ Wrote: Negative air flow creates a suction to keep the mouthpiece stem sandwiched between your tongue and your soft palate. The mouthpiece is very light and part of it rests between your cheek/lips and teeth. There is a place to rest the tip of your tongue. The suction in the back of your tongue helps keeps the mouthpiece in place and your airway open. 

Yes, I need to be able to comfortably breathe through my nose to use the iNAP.

This is now available in the UK and I am considering this solution as CPAP does not work for me.

Do you know how iNap copes with the occasional cough during the night?

I also previously suffered from gum disease and whilst my teeth are not loose I was wondering how much pressure it places on the them, if at all?
Post Reply Post Reply
One draw back is that is there are no user adjustments.  You have to get a prescription with each (-) pressure  change and the changes are sent to your device. That can get pricy going to your sleep doc or using their phone docs at 69.00 a call. I found the initial setting too low to be effective.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2022, 06:07 PM)Dee Cee Wrote: One draw back is that is there are no user adjustments.  You have to get a prescription with each (-) pressure  change and the changes are sent to your device. That can get pricy going to your sleep doc or using their phone docs at 69.00 a call.  I found the initial setting too low to be effective.

That is a huge drawback to the device..
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 68 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 186 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 156 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 146 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,036 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.