Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached
Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached
I've taken two sleep tests, both showed AHI < 2, but RDI =14 the 1st time and RDI = 11 the 2nd time

Recently I've used a Resmed 10 VAuto on VAuto mode to help fix it. Using p30i mask. PS 1.6 over 7.8-11.

I've attached last night's OSCAR data - how does it look? Any room for improvements?

I see few flow limitations, flow rate looks relatively normal for most of the duration, and leak rate looks acceptable.

Thoughts/feedback? Smile [this is after multiple nights of crappy leaks, waking up in middle of the night, etc.]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached
gzaw  -  Both your threads deal with your therapy. In order for the reader to have your history in one place, I have merged them.  Please use this thread for all your therapy posts.  The thread title can be changed to a more inclusive name.  Just ask.

You seem to only have one attachment for your account. Look in the Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board, Allowable Images for additional information. If you always delete attachments in your user control panel. It is listed ad UserCP at the top of every page. Here nis a quick link: https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp...ttachments

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, here's an update.

How do my charts look on BiPAP?

BTW, I'm not showing the AHI or flow limitation graphs, because AHI is close to 0, and my FLs are also close to 0. However, I don't think OSCAR is able to catch all flow limitations.  Even though the below are just zoomed in snapshots, they are pretty representative of my entire night.

It does not look like there are any inspiratory RERAs / flow limitations.

12 IPAP / 8 EPAP (4 PS)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=58189]

11 IPAP / 6.6 EPAP (4.4 PS)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=58190]

^ looks perfect to me

[Image: attachment.php?aid=58191]

However, it looks like there may be expiratory RERAs / flow limitations in the 1st and 3rd pics. Notice the jagged lines as soon as I inhale.

Here, Barry Krakow points out what expiratory RERAs look like. They are jagged limbs when you breathe out, and on the immediate breath in. Here is what expiratory RERAs / EPI looks like (do i have them?):  https://youtu.be/qHuKNfc8Pow?t=148

I personally feel best on 11 IPAP / 6.6 EPAP (4.4 PS) but it's only been a couple nights. More testing is needed.

For UARS, my theory is that EPAP needs to be low enough to prevent expiratory RERAs, but IPAP needs to be high enough to prevent inspiratory RERAs (the common flow limitation / flat top air curve) - the key is to find the right PS.

Also, I may need to increase trigger to high, to remove some of the inspiratory effort at the very beginning of each breath intake (e.g. remove the jagged lines that you see at the very beginning of each breath intake).

And also help out the lower part of the upper airway by doing tongue / myofunctional exercises to prevent things like tongue or epiglottis collapse. And improve the nasal cavity (upper upper airway) through flonase spray, nasal rinse, and breathe right strips. And wear a MAD.

Thoughts?

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

Would love someone to help analyze these OSCAR flow rate spikes.

I've been getting good results lately with 12/7 pressures. (better than 14/9.. i think because 14/9 gives me more resistance with higher EPAP - aka expiratory pressure intolerance - so a lower EPAP is better).

However, I've been getting these OSCAR flow rate spikes that correlate with heart rate spikes on my apple watch (so they ARE sleep apnea disturbances)

What are these flow rate spikes? According to the wiki, it looks like those flow limitations could be mouth breathing related.. does this mean i should use better mouth tape (i'm using tape) to prevent mouth breathing? Thoughts?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=61414]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=61415]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=61416]

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2024, 01:03 PM)gzaw Wrote: Hi,

Would love someone to help analyze these OSCAR flow rate spikes.

I've been getting good results lately with 12/7 pressures. (better than 14/9.. i think because 14/9 gives me more resistance with higher EPAP - aka expiratory pressure intolerance - so a lower EPAP is better).

However, I've been getting these OSCAR flow rate spikes that correlate with heart rate spikes on my apple watch (so they ARE sleep apnea disturbances)

What are these flow rate spikes? According to the wiki, it looks like those flow limitations could be mouth breathing related.. does this mean i should use better mouth tape (i'm using tape) to prevent mouth breathing? Thoughts?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=61414]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=61415]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=61416]

Bump. Any idea as to what kind of flow limitations these are? Looks like expiratory pressure intolerance.

I've lowered my EPAP by a little bit and while I symptomatically feel better, i still see these same looking FLs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Doesn't look like flow limitations at all. Spontaneous arousals most likely, confidence level even higher if you are correlating them to heart rate spikes. That's just the result of you holding your breath while tossing and turning, and not driven by respiratory effort.
Look, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! Please don't take my opinion as a substitute for medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Need help analyzing OSCAR data user357 2 114 10 hours ago
Last Post: user357
  Diagnosed with UARS just got CPAP with mask need help setting it up nicchamilton 2 79 Yesterday, 03:26 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 19 668 Yesterday, 06:39 AM
Last Post: ewriter
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 115 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Any insight on this data from OSCAR? jake79 2 139 04-23-2024, 08:49 AM
Last Post: jake79
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 2 165 04-21-2024, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Abrecaminos
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 151 04-19-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: rygonzo93

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.