Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just Bought an Apex Medical XT Auto CPAP System Heated Humidifier
Money 
Just Bought an Apex Medical XT Auto CPAP System Heated Humidifier
Oh, guess when they scheduled me for the earliest available sleep study? March 1st 2018!! So have no choice I have to return my DreamStation this year.
I will use the Apex as a travel machine, just dying to find out what they will "assign" for me. 
Does the feature Pressure Variation Algorithm (PVA) means that this machine is Bi level? Because it is not marketed that way...
http://www.apexmedicalusa.com/EN/faq
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just Bought an Apex Medical XT Auto CPAP System Heated Humidifier
It looks similar to Resmed's EPR feature and Philips Respironics A-Flex/C-Flex features. The pressure drop is limited to a smaller amount than a bilevel can provide:

Designed to make therapy more comfortable, Expiratory Pressure Relief (EPR) maintains optimal
treatment for the patient during inhalation and reduces the delivered mask pressure during
exhalation.

The device consists of a special comfort feature called A-Flex if Auto-CPAP therapy is enabled (or C-Flex+ if CPAP therapy is enabled). When A-Flex (C-Flex+) is enabled, it enhances patient comfort in three ways: 1) by smoothing the transition between the end of inhalation and the beginning of exhalation, 2) by providing significant pressure relief during the beginning of exhalation, and 3) by reaching an end exhalation pressure of no more than 2 cm H2O below the high point of inspiration.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2017, 03:30 AM)big_dave Wrote: It looks similar to Resmed's EPR feature and Philips Respironics A-Flex/C-Flex features. The pressure drop is limited to a smaller amount than a bilevel can provide:

Designed to make therapy more comfortable, Expiratory Pressure Relief (EPR) maintains optimal
treatment for the patient during inhalation and reduces the delivered mask pressure during
exhalation.

The device consists of a special comfort feature called A-Flex if Auto-CPAP therapy is enabled (or C-Flex+ if CPAP therapy is enabled). When A-Flex (C-Flex+) is enabled, it enhances patient comfort in three ways: 1) by smoothing the transition between the end of inhalation and the beginning of exhalation, 2) by providing significant pressure relief during the beginning of exhalation, and 3) by reaching an end exhalation pressure of no more than 2 cm H2O below the high point of inspiration.
Thanks big dave,

It seems that my expensive Dreamstation Auto CPAP does not have this? This begs the question; should a CPAP user stick to masks made by the machine manufacturer, as there were designed to work seamlessly? I love my p10 but using it with DreamStation is not the best fit. Now I also ordered a Dreamware mask (I hope is not for nothing) as I am returning the leased Dreamstation.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Dreamstation Auto is the latest Philips Respironics machine, still having A-Flex/C-Flex like the older machines, although I quoted the info from the older System One.

I haven't had any issues with mixing mask and machine brands. I'm using a Fisher and Paykel mask (the Pilairo Q) with the System One.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi TimtheEnchanter,
Good luck with your new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't tell you about the Phillips machine (I have a Resmed and bro uses a Bipap), but don't ever limit yourself to using only masks made by the manufacturer of your machine. While it's true that the majority use masks by either Phillips or Resmed, there are many other masks to choose from and they work with all the machines. The only feature that may not work is the auto-shutdown. That's maybe an issue if your on/off button failed, but should not otherwise be an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,624 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,438 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 301 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Just bought a second hand bilevel, hoping for some help with titration? JohnnyLarueBathrobe 8 282 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 772 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 952 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.