Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just a question
Just a question
Pretty sure I have apnea, I wake up needing to pee 6-7 times a night, wake up needing to catch my breath, my ex actually recorded me sleeping and I saw myself stop and go as far as breathing goes. Was diagnosed with High blood pressure last year and was put on meds and a beta blocker. 

Fast forward, I’ve picked up some quarantine weight etc etc and I’m tired as heck even after hours of sleep, I’ve ALWAYS suspected I’ve had apnea and am even afraid of going to sleep some nights, my insurance doesn’t cover the sleeping test let alone the machine sooooo after some research I found this place (A God send) and I am looking into buying from secondwind. 

My question is, does it come with a mask? I’ve read everything it comes with before checkout and didn’t actually see one listed. Also I am a mouth breather so would it make sense to buy a full mask rather than the nasal one? I’m completely new to all this and am just researching before I have to drop 5-600 dollars.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just a question
No it will not come with a mask. There are a large selection and hard to know what to get. I would go to YouTube and watch some videos on different face mask. I own several (after 30 years of Cpap use) the 2 I like most is ResMed F30 and F30I, you can see reviews on YouTube.

There is a suppliers list and Supplier #1 use to have a program where you can return for a different one within x number of days. Take a look at their web site
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2021, 09:11 PM)Nduhca Wrote: Pretty sure I have apnea, I wake up needing to pee 6-7 times a night, wake up needing to catch my breath, my ex actually recorded me sleeping and I saw myself stop and go as far as breathing goes. Was diagnosed with High blood pressure last year and was put on meds and a beta blocker. 

Fast forward, I’ve picked up some quarantine weight etc etc and I’m tired as heck even after hours of sleep, I’ve ALWAYS suspected I’ve had apnea and am even afraid of going to sleep some nights, my insurance doesn’t cover the sleeping test let alone the machine sooooo after some research I found this place (A God send) and I am looking into buying from secondwind. 

My question is, does it come with a mask? I’ve read everything it comes with before checkout and didn’t actually see one listed. Also I am a mouth breather so would it make sense to buy a full mask rather than the nasal one? I’m completely new to all this and am just researching before I have to drop 5-600 dollars.

I am sooo sorry your insurance doesn’t cover any of this. This can get very expensive, even with insurance. I would say you should change insurance BUT I assume your in America and there really aren’t much choice. I haven’t used this web site - maybe someone can chime in - but Lofta has financing.  Link removed

As far as masks go - you will have to try them and see. It can make a big difference. It did fit me. I’m also a mouth breather and a full face ResMed AirFit 20 is what I use. 

Good luck! Don’t give up. Keep at it and ask lots of questions!!

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, certain types of commercial links are prohibited in this forum.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep in mind that if you buy a mask and don't like it, most sellers will take it back and issue a full refund. This is in recognition of how chancy it is buying a mask -- they can be expensive and you have no idea how well it will work on you. Are you seeing a sleep doctor? Some of them offer an in-home sleep study. Others can give you more details on that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Nduhca

You will great help from this forum. Ideally you would be able to have the result of a valid sleep study available but failing that you will still be able to get great help from the folk on this forum.

You don't mention if you are in the age group for plumbing problems but getting up to pass urine that many times a night is one of the classic signs of sleep apnea: this is often one of the first things to improve once you start some level of effective treatment.  You already know you wake up gasping for breath and your ex was worried enough to record this for you. So odds on it sounds like you have valid reasons to suspect sleep apnea as an issue. Few people find the ideal mask first time up, so you need to be prepared to spend some time and resources trialling these. Hopefully you can find a supplier that will do loan equipment or accept returns.

Wish I had listened to my wife 20 years earlier and taken the brave step you are making.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,422 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.