Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just checking in ... how am I looking?
Just checking in ... how am I looking?
Hi all. I haven't been on in a while, and I wanted to post some quick screenshots to see if y'all think things are looking good where I'm at, or should I make any tweaks, etc. I leaned all I know from here, so from time to time I'd like to touch base and see if any of you have any suggestions so I stay on top of things. The only glaring issue I see is leak rate. I'm due a mask replacement so that should help. 

Thanks in advance. 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just checking in ... how am I looking?
As a relative newbie, I have to say it’s nice to see an experienced user doing so well. Two quick questions.

How do you feel during the day? In particular, do you think you might benefit from another hour of sleep at night?

I’m also curious about the switch from the ResMed machine to your current one, especially since you numbers looked so good on that long run at 8 to 12 with EPR of 3.

I don’t have the expertise to advise about pressures, but perhaps someone who does will drop by for a look.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2019, 05:43 PM)Dormeo Wrote: As a relative newbie, I have to say it’s nice to see an experienced user doing so well. Two quick questions.

How do you feel during the day?  In particular, do you think you might benefit from another hour of sleep at night?

I’m also curious about the switch from the ResMed machine to your current one, especially since you numbers looked so good on that long run at 8 to 12 with EPR of 3.

I don’t have the expertise to advise about pressures, but perhaps someone who does will drop by for a look.

I actually feel pretty good. I feel much better on 5 hours sleep than I used to on 8-10 (and that's no exaggeration). I'm a shift worker, so unfortunately 5-6 is usually what I get. But honestly, I do pretty well with that. My doctor did prescribe Modafinil, which is kind of a "wake you up" med, and to be honest it has been a life changer. It would not replace quality sleep, but coupled with it, it's pretty darn effective. It just makes me get moving and kinda gives me a "go get em" feeling, but with zero negative side effects. Granted, if I don't take one I'm fine, but a tad more sluggish (I often don't take one). 

I was having some struggles with my apnea, I really was. Just depressed knowing I had to sleep every night with this damn thing on my face for the rest of my life, usually in the next room from my wife because it woke her up as much as my snoring did. But I mentally came around and realize as much as I hate having to take it everywhere and use it every night, I'm much better off, I feel better, I'm overall more cheerful and more productive at work. I literally can't think of one bad thing, other than often telling my wife goodnight and going into another room and having to take it along on vacations, etc. 

Oh and I'd actually had the ResMed for years and my doc thought it was time for an upgrade and a new attitude (I wasn't taking it too serious at the time). Oddly the ResMed power supply died right after I got the new Cpap. 

And so now I have this down pretty good (in fact I have helped inspire 3 or 4 people at my plant to go get a study and are now using machines). But there are people here who now far more than me, so I like to lean on them from time to time!
Post Reply Post Reply
Really encouraging for me as I enter my ninth month!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2019, 10:43 PM)Dormeo Wrote: Really encouraging for me as I enter my ninth month!

It honestly sounds like you are way ahead of where I was at 9 months! Really glad to hear that. Keep rocking!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Checking pressure Made 2 370 10-01-2023, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  On my 4th week, checking in tormund 3 675 03-01-2022, 04:09 PM
Last Post: tormund
  New guy checking in MikeWarner 2 684 12-03-2020, 10:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question Double checking to see if I have properly identified my machine florida34972 1 915 06-02-2019, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Thumbsup Checking in Vitamin J 1 1,077 10-22-2018, 02:35 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  [Equipment] Checking Hours on an S9 Elite drbones 2 1,343 10-02-2018, 11:06 PM
Last Post: drbones
  checking usage hours on resmed s9 autoset yankees123 13 3,965 07-29-2018, 02:31 PM
Last Post: yankees123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.