Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just wondering
RE: Just wondering
You seem to be getting good therapy results in spite of having a large number of CA events in diagnostics. It happens, and you may be the lucky one. Keep using the machine and if you manage to get a chart posted, all the better, but your description of therapy was good enough to suggest a higher minimum pressure, and it appears you are doing pretty good on your auto CPAP. I have a bias to recommend the REsmed Autoset, but if the therapy you are getting from the Dreamstation is working, and you are comfortable, it's hard to argue with that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much mate I’ll try the Resmed one surely should be nearly the same I’m getting you would think hey? Hope I’m a lucky one  an don’t need the bipap hey they said I should be good lol hope so
They had 3 Auto I could trail 
The Resmed airsense 10 someone else was using it lol
The fisher an paykel sleepstyle Auto someone was using it 
An the Philips dreamstation auto was only one they had that’s why I was trailing this one haha

When I asked what they thought was good they told me they all liked the  fisher an paykel cause there  easy to use an there warranty was the best they said 

If ya have a problem with with fisher they don’t reapair it here they just give you a new one no questions asked. But the others they try repair them but they also said if ya ever have a problem with any an they need to be fixed they give you one for free while yours getting repaired 
That’s why I asked about fisher an paykel here

But a lot of you recommend the Resmed an I have to say I do like looking at my results  an the interface an app I do like the Resmed with the smil face haha  just hope if I get the airsense 10
I get sorta same results as what I’m useing now

I have asked like 4 different shops here they all told me the top 3 was  
Resmed 
Sleepstyle Auto
An the Philips dreamstation 
 They all told me I can’t really go wrong with any them they all said
Only difference they said if I go camping the Resmed has a a battery if I needed

An I like the idea I think the Resmed can make the air come out cooler I think. They said ya can’t do that with fisher one 

So I thinking what you all say go with the Airsense 10

What ya think

Lee
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2020, 02:21 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: The other benefit of the Resmed and the Dreamstation is they work with OSCAR to see full breath by breath data I don’t know about the F+P machine

When I got my first machine a number of years back the doc prescribed the F&P Icon machine. I started using it and discovered I was about the only person the the Pacific Northwest using one. The machine’s data could only be read by the doc. A person at my DME told me he was pretty sure the doc was getting some sort of kickback from F&P. They let me trade the Icon for the ResMed S9. 
I’m sure the F&P machine was a quality product but it definately kept the user out the of the CPAP
mainstream.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Hi Lee, I am using a sleepstyle machine, and since I had no others I can only say that it works!  Big Grin 
the problem is that it seems it does not work with OSCAR...and to me that is a major flaw!! would not buy it again simply for this reason...
If anyone has got it to work with OSCAR, I would love to hear from them...
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi just wanted to know when you say I’m 
 about 3-cm below your therapy pressure. Can I ask what does this mean?
Also wasn’t sure if you or was someone  else saying 
I know Airsense can’t fix centrals 
But does Airsense detect it tho? Just thought ask as a lot of you here like an use that one 
Thankyou. Heaps for helping 

Lee
Post Reply Post Reply
Also if I buy from these ppl that been helping me an trailing there machine buying from them I get the money back that I paid from the tail that get taken off the price when I by a machine from them
An have an has 5 years warranty an life time support from them an they will monitor me for that 5 years free of charge an I’m allowed to trail different masks to see if they work with me or I’m if comfortable
with them
Post Reply Post Reply
When I said you are about 3-cm below your therapy pressure, I meant that based on your median and 95% pressure during use, your minimum pressure setting is 3-cm too low. By using a higher pressure, you will have fewer obstructive events, and less pressure fluctuation. The Philips Auto CPAP in particular is slow to anticipate a pending obstructive event, and it is important to have the minimum pressure at an effective level. For you, that means changing the minimum from 6.0 to 8.0 or 9.0.

No CPAP can "fix" centrals. The Philips detects the type of apnea by using a pressure pulse of 1-cm during a pause in breathing, and analyzing to pressure response to determine if the apnea is obstructive or an open-airway (central). Resmed uses what is called "Forced Oscillation Technique" (FOT) which his a higher frequency (4 Hz), pressure pulse in a similar way. Both of these machines detect the type of apnea and report it as obstructive apnea (OA), clear airway or central apnea (CA), Unknown Apnea (UA), Hypopnea (H).

For individuals using ASV therapy, the way central apnea is addressed is that the machine can rapidly increase increase pressure support when it detects shallow breathing or no breathing. Like artificial respiration, this pressure can push a measred volume of ir into the lungs and maintain respiration, even when that individual makes no spontaneous inspiratory effort. In other words the ASV machine can replace all the respiratory effort to cause respiration. CPAP will simply keep providing its set pressure and no respiration occurs if the patient does not breathe.

A 5-year warranty has some value, and some people may want therapy motoring, however most of us feel we can do better with self-monitoring. It's a nice service that comes with the cost of that machine. You need to compare that cost and what you're getting against the lower prices available elsewhere. for example, you can buy a brand new Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset from Supplier #2 for $569 USD plus about $100 shipping to AU. The warranty is 3-years and our Australian members have had very good service when needed. So whatever works best for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thankyou  sleeprider yea I was haveing a look an 570usd plus 100usd 670 total is like 990 aus dollars an then to trail the machine I’m on was 250 which when I purchase one that 250 comes off the price of what ever machine I choose 
 An if anything happens to that machine in the warranty they give me a machine to use for how ever long I need free of charge in the 5 yearswhen they replace the one I had weather it’s them fixing it or buying a new one so to me I think that’s pretty good 
An in the 5 years they monitor me for 5 years with weekly fortnightly or monthly reports 
Or can ask for additional sleep test free in I need an trailing new mask to see if works before I buy 
So should only be like an extra 100 aud total which is pretty good I think 
But I’ll keep coming here you guys all super nice an helpful an super fast replies it’s awesome I really appreciate it 
An I’ll see what they say if they say get the auto  cpap I’ll go for the Resmed Airsense 
Thanks heaps
Post Reply Post Reply
I think your choice makes a lot of sense, and I agree. If your central apnea returns and you need a different machine, it seems you will get help with that as well.

"Thanks heaps"

Crikey!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thankyou so much for helping me 
Also love the dogs in ya pic hah I have 2 boxers there brother an crazy lol
The ones in your pic are they Boston terriers? They  look awesome 
An yea hope my centrals don’t come back  I’ll ask some more questions when I go back  anything I should ask that be good you think ?

Lee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 225 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 268 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 461 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Diagnosis] Unique situation, wondering if anyone could elaborate on my study kc90 6 574 12-27-2023, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP, wondering how well it's going Riayain 70 4,307 05-01-2023, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Silly question perhaps, but I'm wondering Windswell 2 598 09-16-2022, 03:08 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  wondering if I really still need my. CPAP machine Gil 11 1,723 07-21-2022, 01:24 PM
Last Post: ThinMountainAir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.