Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Last night - CPAP didn't feel right
Last night - CPAP didn't feel right
Not sure how to describe this: I have finally got used to using the CPAP, but last night when I put it on in bed it immediately felt "wrong".  Normally when I put the mask on, I breath through it before attaching and make sure it's positioned properly, then I attach the hose, lay down and start the machine without ramp.  I can now fall asleep in a few min or less.  Last night when I turned the machine on, it felt wrong.  Normally I can feel the pressure and I gradually get used to breathing in and out, and if I open my mouth, the air rushes out.  Last night it felt like the pressure was lower or something when I breathed in (felt like I wasn't getting enough air) and it was hard to breath out, like the machine was trying to stop me from exhaling. When I opened my mouth the air didn't flow out like it normally does.  I restarted the machine, checked the mask but it just stayed like that.  I did go to sleep but took it off after a few hours.  Graphs below from last night then next to it a great night two days ago.

Any idea what is wrong?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Last night - CPAP didn't feel right
jamwin,
The only thing I noticed is you were experiencing some leaks. It could have been that when you first started your machine, your mask wasn't sealed properly.

If it just happened the one night, I wouldn't be too concerned about it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 9 84 48 minutes ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better jake79 7 199 3 hours ago
Last Post: jake79
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 475 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question First night with CPAP (Luna G3) Big Ultima Energy 3 128 04-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 3 235 04-04-2024, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 190 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 984 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.