Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Latest ResScan wont run on latest win 10
RE: Latest ResScan wont run on latest win 10
D*mn. My laptop is trying really, really hard to install the Win 10 Creators version. So far, I have managed to stall it by only having the machine sleep, not reboot. Eventually, though, it is going to get through.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I just did a google search using the terms, "windows 10 creators edition causing virtual errors".  Boy!, I was greeted with a bunch of articles. It seems that the Creators Edition is a real problem child.   I tried duplicating your problem but I don't have this edition. . . and I don't plan on getting it, either. Big Grin

The main help page I found by Microsoft suggests using the DSIM tool.  Here is the link:  
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...-readiness

Here is a MS article describing the problem:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...586e5adfbe

I noticed a user report, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...586e5adfbe, that was showing a problem with multiple ownership of files.

I hope some of this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did reinstall the CC both X64 and X86 but still have the same result i think win 10 Creators version has killed Res Scan.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't recall anyone trying running ResScan in Compatibility mode in Win 10.   You might try it. .  .  couldn't hurt.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have replaced C++ both versions have tried compatibility mode have tried and earlier Version Of ResScan all have failed Microsoft must have broken it.
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI: Windows Creators Edition has broken many pieces of software.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Have to wait for Creators to become more popular and then enough in the industry will complain and ResMed will fix the code.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 226 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,490 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 228 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 455 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 590 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,943 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Latest OSCAR app version for Mac ejbpesca 2 786 09-04-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.