Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leak rate (and AHI)
Leak rate (and AHI)
I’m using a apex 220 FB mask. 
Average leak- 42
Lowest leak - 35
Highest leak - 44
Average large leak - 0.5

Average pressure- 9.1
Average 90% - 8.9

AHI - 34 / 5.4
Apnea - 0 
Hypotonia- 34 / 5.4
Snoring - 6 / 0.9

I’m new so I would  appreciate any input. I’ve been using my APAP for six days now the first two nights my AHI was about 2.3 

THANKS
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leak rate
It does produce charts and that will help a lot of you post them.
you need someone to know or you to find out if the leak rate includes the venting air, like philips do. then a leak rate of 40 may be ok. What dies the book say?

For the hypopnea I would raise the min from 8 and go to 9 and see how that goes.
the max I would bring back to 15, It might tighten the algorithm
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
You can find software for your machine in the Private Files and Links Forum.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Use the APEX Easy Compliance software and see where the numbers lead you. The leak rate that the Easy Compliance chart shows is for total leaks, so you will need to subtract the intentional mask leak rate (if there is such a leak chart for the Wizard 220 mask).
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leak rate (and AHI)
Here is a sample of the charts from the Easy Compliance software (under detail tab). Lots of mouth leaks on this one with a Philips Wisp nasal mask.

[Image: k3qXVzn.jpg]
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
What is everyone getting for a leak rake in L/min for the RESMED AirTouch F20

I have been using a nasal mask and get almost zero leaks. Is there a seal around where the mask joins the headgear I have been looking on line for a picture? Then I got my mask it was already assembled I think they forgot the seal It would have to have some leak rate but this thing i blowing a lot of air and is much nosier than my other mask.
any one have a picture. both mask and headgear are plastic on mine.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is where the mask vents
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 0 25 2 hours ago
Last Post: ahuman
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 31 6 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 238 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,410 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 116 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 857 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.