Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Let's improve sleep quality! What have you done that helped you sleep better?
RE: Let's improve sleep quality! What have you done that helped you sleep better?
I'm learning so much from everyone here.

One hidden message shows. We all accommodate our needs differently.

Some have guest rooms as I do because I move so much.
Some wear full face masks easily.
Others ike me wear a hat or a pad, a strap, and a nasal mask.

I love my covid hair. I've never had curly hair before. That's the headgear I wear at night tagging my much longer hair. Can't think of wearing a sleep mask too. But I sure as heck would if it helped me sleep.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Let's improve sleep quality! What have you done that helped you sleep better?
Several years ago I broke my left shoulder. It healed in less than 2 months.

Sleeping was an issue. Maybe there's a lesson there to help others...

First night I put a pillow against my left side. That prevented me from rolling over onto my left side. It was a small pillow A sobakwawa buck pillow.
I slept well every night after I bought the pillow.

Maybe this would work for some people that have tried a weighted blanket and found it uncomfortable.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
This forum is the best.

As a young guy I bought a motorcycle. It was like a brotherhood. Still is...even though in one two month period I lost 5 friends. Killed in accidents.
Do the wrong thing and you pay...

Here with cpap we're cut loose by the system here once they sell a machine. It's like, "See ya. Not".

I appreciate everyone's help. I want all of us to succeed. Sharing your successes we all benefit.

That's why I started this thread.

Because little things make a difference.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
As they say, the sleep docs / sleep techs / DMEs aren't as interested in your sleep as YOU are. You are the only one with skin in the game. It's your health at stake, not their health. And they still get paid on Friday.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using a Medcline wedge for years to deal with GERD. It works very well. I also drink a cup of pH 8.8+ water each morning to deactivate any pepsin that made it into my esophagus. 

Since being diagnosed with sleep apnea I have recently placed a small pillow under the left edge of the wedge. That tilts me over on my right side (left side is best for GERD control, but my left hip aches after too long). On the right side of the wedge I have a thick, long pillow that I can drap my left knee and left arm over. This setup effectively rolls me toward a pillow log. I sleep in this 'crevice' for most of the night.

A feather pillow lets me position my head and reduce pressure on my Resmed airfit with nasal pillow.

We keep the room in the high 60s.

I have mouth leaks in the night and my chin strap is all stretched out. Taping my mouth with micropore is out (goatee) and lips are easily chapped. Also, I believe it is probably not a good idea to block my mouth. Time to try a knightsbridge chin strap I guess. I am bald, so I am hopeful it won't make me too hot. I am hoping the knightsbridge will not leave indents on the sides of my head and will allow the Resmed airfit to sit over it.

For those who have used a Knightbridge chin strap, is it as restrictive as mouth taping if you had an emergency in the night?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have found listening to audio books with ear plugs helps me fall asleep a lot faster. I down load them from my local library for free to my phone. Instead of thinking and listening to my breathing, I listen to a story teller.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am sure there will be a lot I forget.

Pick a time to consistently go to sleep.

Wear the mask. Fight your mind, your ego and anything that prevents you from the mask.

Listen to others.

Help others

Encourage everyone including yourself.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
2coldfeet7

I have a Knightsbridge Dual Strap.
It's easy to get off.

It's harder for me to get tape off.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
@NightyNite thank you.

I have hearing aids. I never thought of using earphones or buds...might help me with tinnitus too.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
afactor

thanks. I'm guilty of staying on my computer and posting right now. I know better. Tomorrow I'll wake up at my usual time. Even though it's Canada Day. And I'll remember my Father passed on Canada Day

And I won't be able to sleep in.

Thanks. Reminding self. Sleep hygiene is important. Got to sleep.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 77 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 73 1,660 Yesterday, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 216 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Go2sleep Wearable Sleep Tracking Ring ivan007 0 60 03-26-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 179 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.