Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap
Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap
I have to say this is the best chin strap I've ever tried.  That is not to say there is not room for improvements.  It is expensive, but light years ahead of the others on the market I've tried.  Average leak rate for the whole night last night was 2.2 L/min.   Not all nights have been this good number wise, but the days of 100L/min leak rates have been long gone since wearing this.  Without a doubt jaw drop was a HUGE issue for me.  Favorable leak rates do not equate to feeling great.  Some days are a little better, but I never feel remotely normal and doubt I ever will again.  I can't figure out what the problem truly is.  LeftyLanky27 was dead on when he made a video stating this is the best product for this purpose.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap
Remarkable improvement in leak results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Couldn't agree more. It's the only one that makes any sense, and it's well worth the pricetag. Glad to hear it served you so well!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2023, 07:52 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Remarkable improvement in leak results.

I agree.  I was very surprised.  Proves jaw drop is very real.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Dual Band Premium and love it. I have been finding that it gets a little hot so I will be trying the AirDeluxe. It should be arriving tomorrow in the mail. I wear the F&P Evora Full Face mask. I have got to use a chin strap or end up with severe leaks around the corners of my mouth. I used a nasal pillow or nasal mask for years with the KB chin strap but began ending up with mouth leaks. I have leaned that. your body does change over time. I never wanted to use a FFM but don't have a choice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2023, 07:48 AM)Columbiabill Wrote: I have the Dual Band Premium and love it.  I have been finding that it gets a little hot so I will be trying the AirDeluxe.  It should be arriving tomorrow in the mail.  I wear the F&P Evora Full Face mask.  I have got to use a chin strap or end up with severe leaks around the corners of my mouth.  I used a nasal pillow or nasal mask for years with the KB chin strap but began ending up with mouth leaks.  I have leaned that. your body does change over time.  I never wanted to use a FFM but don't have a choice.

I started with the Air Deluxe.  I definitely like the breathability. My only issue with the ear holes is they kind of scrape against your ears at night.  It hasn't caused any skin issues, but I think the design could be improved.  It leaves a 'flap' by the ear.  I don't find the mesh to be hot at all. 

I told the company their sizing chart is off though.  I'm a big guy and according to the fitting chart on the website, I should need an XL chin strap.  However, the fit seems too large and even at maximum tightening on the top of the device, it still is a little loose.  I think they need to revamp their fitting numbers.  The company is going to send me the next size down to see if that is a better fit so we will see.

I never tried the Evora mask.  I have never had much luck with the hybrid type masks. Even with the chin strap, I do have some leaks many nights.  I don't understand how it's possible really, but the fact is the numbers are significantly better than they were prior to the chin strap. 

I have experimented wearing the chin strap under and over my headgear.  I find wearing the chin strap over the full face mask and headgear to be much more comfortable and easy to manuever.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2023, 06:47 PM)cmpman1974 Wrote: I started with the Air Deluxe.  I definitely like the breathability. My only issue with the ear holes is they kind of scrape against your ears at night.  It hasn't caused any skin issues, but I think the design could be improved.  It leaves a 'flap' by the ear.  I don't find the mesh to be hot at all. 

I told the company their sizing chart is off though.  I'm a big guy and according to the fitting chart on the website, I should need an XL chin strap.  However, the fit seems too large and even at maximum tightening on the top of the device, it still is a little loose.  I think they need to revamp their fitting numbers.  The company is going to send me the next size down to see if that is a better fit so we will see.

I never tried the Evora mask.  I have never had much luck with the hybrid type masks. Even with the chin strap, I do have some leaks many nights.  I don't understand how it's possible really, but the fact is the numbers are significantly better than they were prior to the chin strap. 

I have experimented wearing the chin strap under and over my headgear.  I find wearing the chin strap over the full face mask and headgear to be much more comfortable and easy to manuever.

cmpman1974:  I will agree with your assessment on the sizing.  It is pretty goofy.  I don't think it takes into consideration "skull height" if there is such a thing.  I tried the AirDeluxe in a large a while back and I tightened it big time and still found it sitting around my eyes in the morning so I am trying the smaller size.  I also had an issue with the ear holes the first time around.  I do find that the regular mesh cap seems to fit more securely.  I also have had better luck with the mask under the cap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, average leak rate last night was 0.47 L / min.  Easy to see controlling leaks STILL doesn't completely stop apnea events. Never had a leak rate this low all night.  Definitely have to give credit to this new chinstrap.  I'm quite impressed it can alter the leak rate so significantly.  No mask change ever would be enough to change my issue in my opinion.  Next question is if my pressures are wrong since I still had all those apneas even with zero leaks?

Post Reply Post Reply
Cmpman,

Thanks for the follow up with this thread.

Yes chase the AHI, perhaps by increasing your EPAP to 10 cmH2O, for now, future fine tuning to come.

But I would also like to see you "rescale" the Leak Rate graph's Y-Axis. When you have brief fugitive leak excursions that change the Y-Axis scale to 115.0 L/min. on 11/14/23  or 120 L/Min. on 11/10/23, it minimizes the actual leak rate graph we need to compare with other graphs of the OSCAR session . 

Changing the Y-Axis scale maximum, of these two dates, to just above the highest peak measured "Extended" leak (~25 L/Min.), would allow us to also compare the SpO2 and Pulse Rate graphs to an actual measurable leak rate.  I think I see a correlation between leak rate and the SpO2/Pulse Rate graphs. It would also enhance viewing of flow rate graphs when zoomed in to a 3-4 minute view.

• Y Axis: If you want to change the vertical scale of a graph, right-click in the label of a graph and select "Y axis". A small pop-up will show, and give the options Autofit, Defaults, and Override. Select override, the adjust the minimum and maximum numbers until the trace on the graph is to your liking. Note that you must keep the mouse cursor within the pop-up - if it strays outside, the pop-up will disappear.

I truly believe Oximeter reports are a better measure of therapy Effectiveness than AHI.

Thanks for the thread.   Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
Average leak rate for the whole night = 0.30 L/min.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What works best? Chin strap or tape? JoshO71 7 133 Yesterday, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Chin Tucking as cause of apnea ejbpesca 122 9,401 08-04-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV Motor Life Exceeded message Sterling147 24 1,123 08-02-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Sterling147
  Does an overhead strap bother anyone else? Cape67 2 202 07-17-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Air Curve 10 ASV Exceeded Motor Life Expectency Message - The final saga Sterling147 0 217 07-15-2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Sterling147
  [Equipment] Portable CPAP/APAP battery life JPOPS 10 537 07-08-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [CPAP] ResMed A10 Run Hours for Motor Life Exceeded Sleepster 9 549 06-19-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.