Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not Sleeping. Does anything stand out?
Not Sleeping. Does anything stand out?
I've been treated for Sleep Apnea going on 10 years.  I'm at a point where a few unfortunate times over the years I've been without my machine (now a AirSense10) and when that happens there's no sleep.  My body just won't let me.   More frequently, thats been happening even when using the machine.   Just as I'm about to sleep I'm jolted awake, sometimes it feels like Ive stopped breathing.   My heart races, I try to calm down, start to drift and it happens again.  Last night it went on all night long without deep sleep.   I'm aware this might not be related to Sleep Apnea at all.   My Pulmonologist has thrown up his hands but I did get him to do another sleep study coming up.    Does anything stand out that I'm missing?   Any red flags?  I don't use EPR or ramp, either would make me feel like I'm suffocating.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Not Sleeping. Does anything stand out?
Yes your flow limits are very high, flow limits are apnea just like O and H events only smaller and less time. But they can and do cause waking up from sleep.

We help flow limits by setting the EPR to full time and setting to 3. I also dont think you need this high of a min pressure. I would try 12.

With those changes you should get better - longer periods of sleep. Give it a try and post tomorrow.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Not Sleeping. Does anything stand out?
Thanks for that.  Will try that tonight
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 813 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 251 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Still Having Trouble with Sleeping CcReesezzzzz01 7 458 02-13-2024, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Not been sleeping well, just installed SD card and oscar, please help SleepyGrumpy 2 228 02-04-2024, 07:36 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.