Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lookee oximeter import/sync issues, wiki update suggestions
Information 
Lookee oximeter import/sync issues, wiki update suggestions
I have recently purchased a Lookee brand oximeter, which seems to work reasonably well.  As noted elsewhere on the forum, it appears to be mostly compatible with Wellue/Viatom products, however I've run into a couple issues.

Today I tried to import a couple nights of data into OSCAR.  I read through the wiki instructions, but noticed some discrepancies.

The instructions state that oximeter data should be located in:
Code:
/sdcard/Android/data/com.viatom.vihealth/files/ViHealth/

However, in my case, the files were actually located in:
Code:
/sdcard/Android/data/com.viatom.vihealth/files/15/host/

Also, the wiki does not clarify that when importing the oximeter data, you have to have OSCAR opened to the actual day in which you are trying to import the data for, and then import days one at a time.  The wiki suggested you can select a folder of nightly data, but in my case that was not possible, unless I did something wrong?  OSCAR crashed several times while I was trying to get this sorted out, but at least it finally was able to import.

Maybe some wiki updates to reflect these changes could be helpful for others in the future?

Perhaps most importantly, I followed the instructions for renaming the binary files in order to sync the oximetry data with my CPAP data, but it does not seem to make any difference when I import it into OSCAR.  Seems to be off by approximately an hour, regardless.  I just got sent a loaner machine from my supplier while my original machine was sent for warranty repair, and I'm guessing the machine time is off due to DST.  Is there anything I can do to get these existing files to sync properly?  Or should I just change the time on my machine (Resmed 10 for her) and hope that files will sync properly from now on?

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lookee oximeter import/sync issues, wiki update suggestions
Trying to keep up with the changes Viatom makes on each release of ViHealth would be a full time job. They have taken reinventing the wheel to a whole new level. They also have now added a suffix to the file name, (".dat"). The new numbered subdirectory for its data seems to be either user or device model specific. There have been several different numbers reported for this directory.

It doesn't matter which day you selected in OSCAR to import the oximeter data. OSCAR reads the filename and uses that to determine which day and starting time it is imported to.

As far as the hour being off; What is your AS10 time set to?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The AS10 is 1hr 5mins behind current time in my area.  I just updated it to today's actual time, I guess that's all I can do for now?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you purge the oximeter's data for the day it doesn't sync with your CPAP, you can rename the oximeter file's name to the starting listed for your AS10. It will sync the data then. If you aren't familiar with the oximeter's 14 digit file naming convention, it is year (4 digits), month (2 digits), day (2 digits), hour (2 digits), minute (2 digits), seconds (2 digits). YYYYMMDDhhmmss.

Look in OSCAR for the AS10'as starting time, rename your oximeter file name, and import it.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2023, 02:54 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you purge the oximeter's data for the day it doesn't sync with your CPAP, you can rename the oximeter file's name to the starting listed for your AS10.  It will sync the data then.  If you aren't familiar with the oximeter's 14 digit file naming convention, it is year (4 digits), month (2 digits), day (2 digits), hour (2 digits), minute (2 digits), seconds (2 digits).  YYYYMMDDhhmmss.

Look in OSCAR for the AS10'as starting time, rename your oximeter file name, and import it.

- Red

Yes, this is what I attempted to do originally.  The data was still offset by about an hour even after renaming.  Not sure what I might be doing wrong?
Post Reply Post Reply
OK! For a sanity check, please provide your CPAP's listed starting date and time, and the oximeter's filename. I'll see if I can help.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2023, 04:50 PM)FilCrimson Nape Wrote: OK! For a sanity check, please provide your CPAP's listed starting date and time, and the oximeter's filename.  I'll see if I can help.

- Red

Here's a screenshot, start time 04/30/23 @ 23:39:03, and as you can see the O2 data is starting ~1h5min later.  File name is 20230430233903.dat

Post Reply Post Reply
Just remove the ".dat" and you're good to go. The file extension has been addressed in the OSCAR code and will be in its next release.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2023, 06:55 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Just remove the ".dat"  and you're good to go.  The file extension has been addressed in the OSCAR code and will be in its next release.

- Red

Thank you!  This worked!  Now to try to make sense of the results...
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a whole new ballgame! Big Grin

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 70 4 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 86 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 137 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,333 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,705 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 147 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 192 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.