Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking For a New Mask
RE: Looking For a New Mask
(01-01-2021, 02:17 PM)mawaw1992 Wrote: I did watch a video where someone was reviewing different pillow mask and he did say the one that worked best for side sleepers that would not leak was the Bleep. From the video it just seemed like a lot trouble each night to stick those things on the side of your nose. But if it works oh well.

Sticking them on your nose is pretty easy.  Stuart (the maker) has a video on how to best put them on.  It's clicking the hose on the the ports (the little plastic tube that stick out from the tape) that is the tricky part.  He explains this in the video too.  It gets easier as time goes by, and for those of us who stay with them, it is well worth the extra effort required.

Best of luck with finding what works best for you!
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
After trying many masks, I settled on the ResMed F20 Airtouch and the F30.  I am a side sleeper and find both very comfortable.  Which I use depends on whether I want to read before going to sleep.  My glasses fit nicely with the F30 but with the F20 I need to put it on after I stop reading.  BTW, check out Supplier no 1.  They suggest you try more than one and give you a refund for the one(s) you don't like.  I tried several that way.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's finicky at first, but after a few weeks, it honestly goes quite quickly. I use an alcohol wipe to quickly get the oils off my skin where the ports adhere, then stick them on. Getting the rest of the gear to snap on was for me the more complicated part. You can test whether you got it right by blocking the end of the hose with your hand. If you don't feel or hear any air escaping around your nose, you're in business.

I know some people who can do the whole routine without a mirror. Me, I still need one, but I think the whole thing takes me less than a minute.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been watching videos of the Bleep Dreamport mask and I see a lot of pros a couple of cons. One video I saw the man that started the company strapped a item that weighed about 1 pound around the mask and while standing up he swung his head back and forth and the mask never leaked. The one big con I see is purchasing the nasal ports. It would cost about $40.00 a month if you don't use insurance like me. That could get expensive after a few months.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, Bleep isn't cheap, and I know for many people the cost makes it out of the question. I'm fortunate in being able to make some choices, and I figured that I'd happily pay a buck forty per day to sleep better. A lot less than the proverbial Starbucks latte!
Post Reply Post Reply
My insurance pays for it entirely. If it did not, I might not use it either.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure why people don’t think they can’t find good pricing...[Commercial Link Removed] Search for, MakeSleepEasy
has an annual bundle that nets down under $0.79/night. Not sure how you couldn’t get cheaper than that.

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,523 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,204 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,747 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,092 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,830 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,528 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.