Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for advice
RE: Looking for advice
EPR is helping your therapy and reducing your breathing resistance. We still see episodes of flow limitation that may be positions, like the one at 04:00-0420 on May 9. If you are still feeling air-starved, the solution will be to increase minimum pressure, not to cut EPR. Good to hear you are feeling more comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have always had the issue of fragmented sleep since I started the cpap.  It seems that I wake up right around one hour which I believe is when REM sleep starts.  I really can't explain why.  I do deal with a lot of generalized anxiety, perhaps that is waking me up.  I have an appointment to see about going on a medication for the anxiety.  I'm hoping that will help.  I do feel slightly air starved at times.  Would you suggest I stay at the minimum 10- maximum 15 pressure with the EPR at 3?  If I do feel air starved and need to adjust would you rather I raised the minimum pressure or bring the EPR down to 2? I definitely see the progress in the overall AHI numbers decreasing.  I believe I'm heading in the right direction.............definitely due to your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2023, 11:56 AM)Betterdaysahead Wrote: I have always had the issue of fragmented sleep since I started the cpap.  It seems that I wake up right around one hour which I believe is when REM sleep starts.

Weird stuff like that happens. It will fade away as you adapt to CPAP therapy. Getting better sleep will help with the anxiety, too.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,806 47 minutes ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 300 8 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 177 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 869 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 800 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.