Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for non-silicone FFM recommendations
Looking for non-silicone FFM recommendations
New user here recently diagnosed with complex sleep apnea and require a full face mask.
I had a severe allergic reaction to the silicone in the ResMed AirFit F20 FFM that took 3 weeks to clear up with medication and visit to dermatologist. Never want to live through that again.  After that I switched to the F20 Air Touch foam and am doing ok.  However, I’d like to try the Airfit F30 but it only comes in silicone.
 If I use the Amara View mask liner that is advertised will it protect me from the silicone enough so that I don’t get an allergic reaction?? Any other non-silicone full face masks out there? I appreciate the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for non-silicone FFM recommendations
Can't post commercial links in the forum, but look up "Circadiance SleepWeaver" using your favorite search engine. They make cloth type masks with no silicone or latex. Tried the nasal one when I first started xPAP.

Never tried the mask liners but if you had that severe of a reaction, any cloth type mask may be a better solution.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jdurba,
Welcome to the forum.  I am using the Simplus FFM, which has a silicone cusion.  However, I also use Remzzz cloth mask liners to help mitigate small leaks, especially near my eyes.  This combination has done well for me for about 5 years now. Perhaps these liners might help you.  The last time I ordered, they were about $22 for a box of 30, and I reuse them a number of times each, so the unit cost is minimal.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
I was going to recommend the AirTouch.

The others have already posted any other suggestions I can think of: cloth liners, or a cloth mask (Sleepweaver).

Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,219 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,335 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Recommendations to optimize settings roost 8 624 03-06-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: roost
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 319 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 245 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Recommendations for national suppliers? HenryBowman 2 388 01-04-2024, 09:51 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.