Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for some help.
Looking for some help.
Hey all still been going about a month now started excellent right of of the gate almost over night I was 3-5 events per hour during the night my mouth would fall open and wake me. During the past week or so its like I just don't wake and been having very large leaks but even last night with not a lot of leaks my events are still higher than they have been do I need to start adjusting stuff? Chin strap idk still feel far better than before as I was 98 events per hr during my test. When I woke up Saturday morning I had an extreme headache like before I started and this was the first headache I've had since I started.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for some help.
You are having mouth leaks that are huge. You are not getting any therapy with leaks like that. Some people tape their mouth and others use a full face mask. But until you get your mouth leaks under control there is not much we can do.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Its just so weird how its very bad all of the sudden I have a full mask I guess ill have to try the mouth tape I think like up until begging of this week most of my nights were like this 

Post Reply Post Reply
It must be very loud with such high leak rates, have you tried different cushion sizes on your fullface setup? Also what is make/model of your facemask?
Post Reply Post Reply
I see a couple of areas where you could improve your therapy.

I suggest that you change your pressure range to 7 - 17.   5 is too low for most adults, and you need 7 to work with EPR.  Also, you are bumping up against your upper limit.  That is why I suggest raising it.

Turn on EPR set to 3.  This will make your breathing more comfortable and will lower your flow limits.

Turn your ramp off, as you get virtually no treatment during that time.

As to leaks, yours aren't too bad.  On the charts, they look horrible, but when you look at the left panel you will see that they are rated only 2.50.  Up to 5.0 leaks do not cause any real problems.

Try these changes and let us know if you are feeling better.  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
yikes here is last night with the new settings went to bed at 9 fell asleep quick like normal don't remember waking at all till this morning this stinks lol. I think this is the highest events yet

Post Reply Post Reply
I am having better lucky with my leaks events just wont come down I guess its still better than 98. any other suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.