Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking to quiet the air sound in the tubing when breathing in
RE: Looking to quiet the air sound in the tubing when breathing in
I hear the air in either a 12mm or 15mm hose, but each has a different character. It's not loud at all, but I hear it more clearly with my quieter machine. 12mm is really too small IMHO, but even stepping up to 19mm (if your machine supports that) may change the sound enough to make it less noticeable.

Also, changing the length may help, even for the same size tubing, by shifting the resonance(s) to a different frequency range.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking to quiet the air sound in the tubing when breathing in
If you are talking about the sound of air traveling in the tube and mask, a bigger hose diameter (22mm) will produce less noise because the air has less velocity inside it. At the mask try choosing a mask that has less curves and restrains for the air flow. And check the air leaking from the mask. Sometimes smaller vents cause more noise.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 13 210 10 minutes ago
Last Post: OpalRose
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 99 2,439 8 hours ago
Last Post: WakeUpTime
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 329 11 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  drying out tubing with machine sleepingbetterinFl 2 180 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Is there a quiet travel CPAP? mcman56 1 71 Yesterday, 12:21 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 347 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Anyone's F20 Quiet Air Elbow Not Diffusing/Venting ANY Air? Hydrangea 33 12,936 04-01-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeytime

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.