Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lots of CA events
Lots of CA events
Hi,

I've been using a CPAP for over a year and a half now. The first year was pretty good, and I found all my tiredness going away (yipee!). Since the start of the year, it's all been coming back though. I'm having a large number of central apnea events - my diagnosis was an AHI of ~ 15, with 12 obstructive and 3 central. Now I'm getting < 1 obstructive, but > 5 central. Yesterday was especially bad, AHI > 8! And yes, I feel terrible this morning. Any suggestions on what to do?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lots of CA events
Welcome to the message board. I'm sure more experienced sleep data analysts will respond in time but I'd like to recommend bringing your minimum pressure up to 7 and to consider enabling EPR to 1. Right now it doesn't like you have enough pressure support to control the obstructive events and your centrals are running wild so bringing the minimum pressure up to 7 is right below your median pressure as measured.

I'm surprised you're not on an ASV machine. Do you have access to your sleep study? It may help to have it handy to reference as others ask questions about your therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you added or changed any medications, like a pain medication? Have you thought about setting the pressure to a straight 10.4 cm in an attempt to see if the CAs are connected to pressure changes?

This is the best I can currently think of.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interested in this as well. Seem to have more CAs on CPAP than in sleep study
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daytime events huge spike liz0859 4 96 Yesterday, 07:56 PM
Last Post: liz0859
  Lots of Large Leak Lately LazerStallion 0 57 Yesterday, 08:34 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 8 349 04-22-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: joeblough
  [Symptoms] Worried about sudden spike in CA events rohit261990 8 235 04-22-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: rohit261990
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 112 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  New to all. Have lots of ?? DudleyDoRight 7 216 04-18-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,475 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.