Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lots of Large Leaks. Unsure how to proceed.
Lots of Large Leaks. Unsure how to proceed.
Hi.  First post here.  Happy to have found this community;

I am using a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for her with a Dreamwisp Nasal mask.

Getting large leaks of around 19%.   Tried switching nasal mask size from medium to large but that leaked way too much.

I tried a Swift FX nasal pillow at a sleep study and it leaked a lot.  I found it uncomfortable but was the first mask I ever tried

I find the Dreamwisp comfortable and I like that the tube is at the top of my head.  Would love to make it work.

Would appreciate any thought or idea on getting this mask to work or on what other masks to try; or even if I can just ignore the leaks.

Cheers

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lots of Large Leaks. Unsure how to proceed.
No you do not want to ignore leaks, it will compromise your therapy. It doesn’t look like you are mouth breathing but it is a mask leak. 

There are so many out there it is hard to pick one but ResMed has several very good ones that are nasal masks. I have used a P30, many here uses a P10. 

If you have just started all of this there is a mask primer on this site you could look at and I have found YouTube has videos on almost all masks with most having reviews. 

Don’t give up selection of a mask is difficult for everyone- what works for one doesn’t work for the next. 

One last thing check your supplier to see if you can try different masks and you can bring it back if it does not work. Masks are expensive so try to buy where you can return. Some of the Cpap sellers on line allow you to by “insurance “ for a few dollars for return if they won’t work for you.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the P10 mask and had good luck with it for over5 yrs, it's not perfect but no masks are. They all will leak a little because we all toss and turn.
The Resmed Air fit P10 head gear can also changed to a adjustable type (resmed part #64216) but not sure how it would fit for small head. They do make a Airfit p10 for her also.
You used a Swift FX nasal pillow mask and that is a solid mask and I used that for years until the P10 came out. The p10 has a quieter vent but the standard p10 mask does not have adjustable head gear. If a person can use a pillow mask you have a lot of good options for less hear hanging covering your face IMO.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the link to the mask primer Stacey mentioned. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Mask_Primer

It has a section on dealing with links you may find helpful.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  I did read the mask primer.

I prefer not to have the tube hanging off my nose so will talk with my supplier about the P30.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe the one that has the tubing attached high on the frame is a resmed P30i
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes P30i is top of head hose. I have it in my combo of N/P30i mini stack.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 439 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 5 267 04-01-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  New to Bilevel and lots of CAs brainfoggysleeper 2 168 03-29-2024, 07:28 AM
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 334 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 530 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 204 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 138 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.