Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lots of mask leak and severe bloating / stomach pain upon waking. What can I do?
Lots of mask leak and severe bloating / stomach pain upon waking. What can I do?
Hello all,

I have attached my last 3 nights of sleep below. I have tried every type of mask and it doesn't make any difference Nasal (with mouth tape), Pillows (with mouth tape), Full Face

I am using: Resemed Air Curve 10

Settings: 
Min EPAP: 10
Max IPAP: 15
PS: 4
Trigger: High

Thank you for any and all help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lots of mask leak and severe bloating / stomach pain upon waking. What can I do?
It may be helpful to lists the mask models you've tried in detail so others more well versed with masks can make a recommendation. Step one is fixing your large leaks - are you sure your device is functioning properly and everything is connected like it should be? Have you considered that your movement at night may be dislodging your masks? Have you tried forcing yourself to sleep on your side or using softer or more firm pillows?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lots of mask leak and severe bloating / stomach pain upon waking. What can I do?
You're in CPAP mode with constant high pressure. Have you tried BIPAP mode with a lower expiratory pressure. You may swallow less air.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply. I’ve tried many different kind of pillows and every sleeping position (usually am a side sleeper)

Just checked and it is is mode “vauto”
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for my confusion.  The reports you posted show Airsense 11 Autoset in CPAP mode and the pressure looks very constant, though it does indicate EPR is on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh I see! I’m not sure why. I have a bipap, not sure why it says that.
Post Reply Post Reply
That information comes from the SD card in your machine.  When you remove and replace the SD card you will see a message in the window that the SD card is being prepared.  The device is writing information to the card in several files that identify the machine model, serial number, start date, etc.  If you put the card in your card reader and open it up with file explorer, you should see a file called "Identification.tgt"  You can use any text editor (Notepad, Wordpad, Word, etc) to open the file and read the information about your machine.  The machine serial number is copied into the file header for every recorded event each time you use the machine, so you should be able to verify that everything matches.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SleepHQ O2 Ring Alarm waking me up MurrayApnea 1 47 3 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Many OA's and neck/shoulder pain sfgiants123 2 94 Yesterday, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to all. Have lots of ?? DudleyDoRight 7 192 Yesterday, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 194 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 342 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad cause severe brain fog and unbearable headaches use cpap jiyun 1 117 04-09-2024, 08:26 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Gross Waking up anxious Gailofiowa 3 112 04-09-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.