Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lots of sleep but still dead tired
RE: Lots of sleep but still dead tired
Here are my results from last night, first use of the cervical collar. Better than last week's average but slightly worse than last night: AHI 3.16 vs 2.30.

I experimented with a new FFM (RedMed Quattro FX) and higher pressure earlier in the night but didn't get much if any sleep with that setup due to aerophagia and leaking. The clear rubber seal, even double layered like the Quattro FX I find more prone to leaking around the nose/eyes than the memory foam of my AirTouch f20. This is the highest pressure I seem to tolerate, bounded by aerophagia. I was at 12.6-13.2 cmH2O no EPR. I might be able to stick it out at 13-13.2 no EPR. Still sleeping at slight incline, which is the highest I can currently tolerate.

What is SDB? Sounds like I fit the profile. Also what does MAD stand for?

great recs on the surgery--I've read some of the horror story threads about UPPP. Seems like turbinates are what they are. I'll look into maxillary expansion.

on surgery I'm thinking I could remove my tonsils. What would really completely resolve the issue is a tracheostomy to bypass the unfortunate geometry of poor tongue/airway fit, though obviously this is some serious snipping. What's the word on neck holes?
Post Reply Post Reply
SDB - sleep disordered breathing

MAD - mandibular advancement device (mouth guard)
Post Reply Post Reply
okay yes, I have used a MAD--an adjustable tray molded to my teeth--to great effect. However, it has shifted my teeth and now I have a slight underbite. I figure this is not a sustainable solution.

I have also tried one of those tongue-suction devices. Wasn't able to sleep with it in.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I woke up from air persistently leaking through the tear duct of my left eye. I'm thinking of ordering a swimmer's nose clip. Any advice on this?

I seem to be at the threshold of effective pressure and what I can bear. This is with my Corflex soft cervical collar. Still seem to be getting positional apnea.

The overall trend continues in the right direction...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 year on CPAP, still tired all the time joelin02 1 108 08-30-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 154 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71
  [CPAP] 5 nights in.....grumpier,forgetful and very tired! toby2111 28 1,091 08-26-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] (I'm Tired) Please help interpret my Oscar data frolic 4 350 08-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Hit a dead end with Bilevel. Do I need an ASV? avhenry 10 310 08-17-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP: Quite Tired sriteop 3 203 08-17-2024, 10:54 AM
Last Post: SleepyDawg
  Lots of flow limitations but good leak rate (restarting CPAP after 2 years off) sleepy331 10 450 08-14-2024, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.