Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Low AHI - Still waking up
Low AHI - Still waking up
[attachment=20918][attachment=20919]Hello all,

This board might be the miracle im looking for. I have a whole sob story i want to start out with but im sure lots have the same experience. Here it is, i have been on BiPAP (resmed s9) on 12/6.4 pressure settings which i have been trying to tweek on my own over a year. THEN i found this software. I really need someone to work with me to understand whats going on.

I have low AHI and feel MUCH better with the BiPAP but i sleep terrible. i always wake up 3+ times a night about every 2.5 hours (right when i suspect im hitting REM sleep).

I will give anything if someone would sit down and sift through some data from my machine. Attached is a zoom in right before i wake up (two separate events on different days)

*****DANG it, ill add the events screen in a bit

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Low AHI - Still waking up
Got cut off in the edit. Only one event posted obviously. 
This was right before i woke up, one of three times that night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Follow the links in my signature line. The Organization of the graphs is key to getting the answers you seek.
Please leave off the pie chart and calendar. Add the events graph.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please also add the flow limitation graph.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much. You have no idea how grateful i am. Im at a loss and wake up so depressed about not getting sleep.

Attached is a zoom in of right before i wake up. It doesn't show any events so not sure whats going on. Second attachment is of my whole night. Most of the nights look like this but happy to share anything thats needed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll be interested in the replies you get. is there a reason you're in s mode at what looks like fixed pressure? auto mode might give you more flexibility & settings to try. but besides the fragmentation & inverted I:E ratio, your charts look pretty good. keep looking closely at the last few minutes of each session for clues to the fragmentation. you may have to look beyond apnea & pap to figure it out why you keep waking up..
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2020, 02:46 PM)sheepless Wrote: I'll be interested in the replies you get. is there a reason you're in s mode at what looks like fixed pressure?  auto mode might give you more flexibility & settings to try. but besides the fragmentation & inverted I:E ratio, your charts look pretty good. keep looking closely at the last few minutes of each session for clues to the fragmentation. you may have to look beyond apnea & pap to figure it out why you keep waking up..

S mode is considered bi-pap. Thus the two different pressures used. The only other mode is "CPAP" mode. Which changes/greys out options and only one pressure is adjustable. 

You have no idea how much this is affecting me. Id also like to know what some of the other settings are, Ti Min and Max. Is there a way to know exactly what it should be set at? A measurement of my natural breathing at night.

if anyone has any insight please let me know. Im saving so much to see a sleep doctor to look over the data. Hopefully thats a service.
Post Reply Post Reply
well, I've never used an s9 so I'm not going to be much help. I thought I understood you to be using the vauto which would give you an auto mode with another bunch of settings like ti min & max, trigger and cycle. it would also allow your pressures to range as needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Correct, it does have those settings. I have just let them set as default. Hopefully a "chart hero" comes in to take a look. There needs to be a service where we can pay for.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bump, anyone have any idea. With doctor offices closed id certainly love the help. I feel so hopeless, i cant take it anymore. Im actually afraid of sleeping because i wake up multi times a night cant breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 4 71 36 minutes ago
Last Post: Valtor
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 285 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 157 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 395 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 259 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 191 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 306 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.