Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Low AHI, tired foggy mind
RE: Low AHI, tired foggy mind
Here one event for each type from last night

Does it tells something?
Post Reply Post Reply
I may be wrong, but it looks like issue on exhale. Breathing in, and then unable to breath out of nose, so our mouths want to takeover on exhale.

Something collapsing in our palette is causing us to not be able to breath out through our nose. And I think more pressure may cause this to happen more frequently and make it worse. And I think REM could be worse for it.

When drifting off to sleep, do you notice a feeling in your throat - like something just shuts and breathing stops /after/ you've inhaled and should be starting to exhale? It's hard to notice since we are drifting off to sleep, but because I'm using an ASV it's very obvious because as soon as it happens, it kicks loads of pressure in to try and resolve it which arouses me and I notice my breathing basically stopped and I could not exhale through my nose.

If I wasn't mouth taping I know this would be the point my mouth would automatically open to exhale, and then probably stay open for a while. I'd stay asleep but sleep would be fragmented.

I think more humidity and a clearer nose may help (definitely helps me) but I'm just guessing and still experimenting currently. I think I'm close though.

Out of interest, how are both your nostrils? Your left and right. Can you breath properly through them both equally or is one significantly worse? Are they clear before bed, and the same or worse when you wake up in the morning?

Do you sleep on your side? If so which side?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you should post these images in a new thread to get the attention of the experts.

And more events from other nights with different pressures and settings. Maybe it will be more obvious what is happening.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 167 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 252 04-16-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 524 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 320 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,477 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 291 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 204 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.