Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Low AHI, tired foggy mind
RE: Low AHI, tired foggy mind
Those last 2 night are already at epr 3, what else could i do?
Post Reply Post Reply
Well first, congrats on finding the source of the leak.  Your charts look great, but I think there could be some improvement with the Obstructive Apneas.

We could consider raising the max pressure as it is bumping up there due to the algorithm trying to tackle obstructives, also the FL also causes the pressure to rise.  

You're already using EPR 3, so I suggest that you raise your minimum pressure to 11cm, move your maximum pressure to 16cm and keep EPR at 3.  

This slight bump may help tackle Obstructives and FL.

Repost after a day or two.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys for the amazing support! i raised the min max pressures, what about the cervical collar? should i bother using it? i only used one night and the two days have differents durations.
With collar i sleeped 9h and went in apnea 5 minutes with 1.83 ahi 1.61 obstructive, without i sleeped 6h and went in apnea 2.4 minutes 2.23 ahi 1.38 obstructive
Maybe i put the collar in the wrong way or buyed the wrong one (the first i found in a store actually)
Post Reply Post Reply
If you see clusters of apnea (chin tucking), then use the collar. But your results are good either way, so strive for comfort first.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Daily update, without cervical collar
Think i will bump the max pressure to 20 and see what happens? 
I dont know if the mask leaked or if the leak rate is "normal" 
Should i bump the min pressure to 13?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see no reason to raise the max number - it will continue to increase because of the flow limits.  It may help to increase in min.
I would increase by .5 a couple of nights and see how that helps or not...
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
"Leak Rate Chart -- With OSCAR look at your Leak Rate graph where it is shaded (large leak/ LL), flat tops on this graph suggest mouth breathing."
I see, havent used my chin strap lately but this seems the cause of the leaks in the latest graphs?
I will rise the min then, the FL is the only thing i didnt understand then, like i dont know why last night FL 95% is so off compared to the others
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night data with chin strap
Total time in apnea keep going down but still pretty far from my best night (13 seconds)
Gonna cut coffee after the morning, change chinstrap, change pillow and will wait for the f20 small mask 
I dont know if the leak chart is fine or if something is off
I feel better since i started the thread but i think i dont get enough deep sleep because i'm always tired even if i sleep a lot of hours
Something else i can do?
Thank you as always.
Full night:

Last part:

Cluster:

Post Reply Post Reply
Also wanted to ask, can increase min pressure help? when should i stop?

Edit: forgot to mention that since i stopped the leaks i started to have headaches, is this normal? usually i have headaches when i dont use the cpap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night with chin strap and cervical collar, tried to loosen the mask but got leaks, smoked some cbd and think this caused me the CA 
suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 159 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 245 04-16-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 520 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 312 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,472 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 290 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 200 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.