Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Low AHI with Aircurve 10 ASVAuto Still tired/headache/waking up at night
Low AHI with Aircurve 10 ASVAuto Still tired/headache/waking up at night
Hello Apneaboard!

I'm a bit sad since i feel like i never can get it right with my Apnea.

I've been using Cpap/ASV for 4 years now and im used to wearing the mask. My AHI have dropped a lot after i changed to ASV.

Thing is, even tho my AHI is Super low, i still wake up with headache, tired and brainfogged.

Im only 29 years old, active with exercise, meditation, good sleep hygiene (following loads of Matt Walkers Recommendations)

I don't know if i can tweak any of my settings on my machine. I have both a full face Airfit20 and a Nasal pillow mask from Dreamwear (gel). so i can use either if needed.

I've read about flow limit, and flow rate, and i think that even thought my AHI is low, maybe it could be something to look into? (Doctors wont help) 

IS there anything you wonderful people can see in my charts i have to change, maybe to help my condition? it is driving me insane, ruining friendships, jobs etc.

I'm gonna post some Random Charts from different Months. On April 26(Attached) i actually felt some what rested when i woke up.

Posting some charts, let me know if you need anything more specific!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Low AHI with Aircurve 10 ASVAuto Still tired/headache/waking up at night
Would like to add i prefer my FFM over Nasal pillows, i dont know if its bad to use FFM while mouthtaping?
Post Reply Post Reply
Bump, please somebody help
Post Reply Post Reply
When did your headaches, tiredness, and brain fog begin? Did you have any illnesses within a few months before the onset of your symptoms? 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi! 

No i didnt have any illness to begin with.

I've had the brainfog/tiredness for serveral months even after getting the asv and getting low AHI numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have had no viral infections in the past year?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi

No not that i am aware off!
Post Reply Post Reply
For four years of PAP therapy, you never had headaches, tiredness, and brain fog associated with your sleep apnea. Now, you have all those symptoms, even with AHI scores under 1.0.

There are many possible medical causes of that combination of symptoms. Has a good internal medicine doctor done a thorough workup to see if there are any other medical causes?

Also, the virus and its variants that have been circulating are a known cause of acute or chronic headaches, tiredness, and brain fog.

I'd address the sleep apnea for sure, but I'd also rule in or out other medical conditions that can cause your combination of symptoms. 

Let's see what the PAP data experts in the forum have to say about your OSCAR screenshots above.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh I forgot to mention that both on apap and cpap and all 4 years have been rough with tiredness and headache/brainfog 

Im curious how big factor things like anxiety play to role when ur already asleep
Post Reply Post Reply
You first said that you have had brain fog and tiredness for several months, but now you say that you have had brain fog, tiredness, and headaches for four years. That's very different.

Let's wait to see what the forum experts have to say about your ASV data and situation. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 223 2 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Still tired and CA events liebano 1 39 5 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 5 117 11 hours ago
Last Post: Valtor
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 66 Yesterday, 01:25 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 180 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 312 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,977 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.