Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Low O2 and Snoring
RE: Low O2 and Snoring
Here are the screenshots I took from OSCAR for a 3 minute span:

Post Reply Post Reply
Anything else I need to tell the doctor tomorrow or any summary I should give him?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your pressure on CPAP is maxed out and you are not achieving an appropriate air volume for a man of your height. You have persistent flow limitation and RERA, both of which would respond to BiPAP. There is no question you qualify for a bilevel positive air pressure therapy, which would facilitate improved respiratory volume, shorten inspiration time, reduce RERA, and if indicated by other tests, reduce CO2 and improve oxygen. The obvious choice is a Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto because you have good spontaneous respiration, and just need the higher pressure and pressure support of bilevel, not a ventilator.

Out of this concern for low tidal and respiratory volume, you might ask for a simple pulmonary function test (PFT) which is an easy spirometry evaluation performed at the doctor's office. This will allow your doctor to evaluate your lung function and diagnose COPD or asthma if applicable. This will also help you to better target an appropriate respiration volume. Another test that may be appropriate is arterial blood gas PaCO2 and PaO2. These fairly simple tests can help to identify problems and design a better treatment plan. You have made good progress in losing weight, but at some point a bariatric procedure may be appropriate, and that is a worthwhile discussion.

All of these are an important discussion to move you towards a better plan to improve your health. Try not to overwhelm your doctor with data. Simple examples that show how you base your concerns, and that show the problems with CPAP therapy should be good enough. Bilevel therapy will make a huge difference, but the other metabolic tests can help you and your doctor plan a recovery course and will establish a baseline that can be used to measure your progress.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
For now, I'm doing the following:

Blood drawn today to check my thyroid levels

Blood draw tomorrow for Arterial Blood Gas

O2 study overnight while wearing my CPAP for hopefully later this week
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you everyone for your help and advice. After all the testing, I'm getting a BiPAP titration study done at a lab in the near future. They'll determine if I also need additional O2 with it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,786 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,710 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 983 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Diagnosis] Help with Snoring Sleepster 14 1,052 11-19-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Snoring ,treating hyponeas and flow limits Bluesv6 3 566 09-30-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  For Hypopneas, RERAs/snoring-IPAP increase/PS what is to much/effects ? KeepSmiling 1 815 11-06-2022, 09:45 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Snoring while using CPAP MeMeIsMe 1 939 09-11-2022, 10:37 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.