Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Twobigwheels - CPAP Therapy Journey
Twobigwheels - CPAP Therapy Journey
I've been trying to get my CA's down. CA's are my main issue. I switched from Auto to CPAP and dropping pressure down in Hope's to lower CA's. 
I went from 2 weeks of pressure13.6 to 12 the last 3 days.
A few days ago went to Dr and commented on my night time congestion. He suggested Xyzal. My CA's have gone up, (1.2 vs 0.5) and I realize only 2 nights of Xyzal.
But curious of anyone else results with Antihistamines
Post Reply Post Reply
Thinking of adding oximeter.
I'm thinking of adding OxiMeter to gather more data. Oscar user with AirSense 11

Any OM recommendations? What to expect and look for
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thinking of adding oximeter.
There is a list of compatible oximeters in the wiki: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._oximeters

The Contec brand only has Windows software. The Wellue/Viatom brand has Windows & Mac software, as well as a phone app (iPhone and Android).
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wellue Checkme Max O2 wrist monitor
Post Reply Post Reply
I just received my Wellue 02 Ring that has vibration alarms, measures 02, measures pulse.  Very comfortable, even worse it to work yesterday.  (Surprised I had 02 drops during the day).  Check and see if compatible with your machine.  The price on Amazon was $152, regularly $175 or something like that. But I signed up for trial prime and a store credit card.  The credit card provided a $60 credit for opening the account and I received free next day shipping.  (For $2.99 more I could have gotten it the same day).

My only issue is I am having trouble importing the data into OSCAR, I am on a Mac so it should be easy.  I'm just waiting for the software advisors to help me get it done.  I'm sure they will help me figure it out.
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had a Wellue Checkme O2 Max since last November.  Got it prove that I had O2 drops to my PCP and DME.  I actually had to go into Excel and count the number of O2 drops below 88 to prove I needed O2 concentrator, which I received.

I use the Windows app O2 Insight Pro to pull the data from the Checkme onto my windows machine so I can import its data into OSCAR and export to a .csv for analysis with Excel.  The Android version works, but have to tether the Checkme to windows to pull the binary file off of the Android for import into OSCAR.  Android provides real time viewing of Checkme which isn't something I needed and drains the battery.

BTW, you can change the thresholds for O2 and pulse.  You can also set the buzz level and sound if you want it to let you know you've exceeded a threshold.  When I first got mine it O2 threshold was set to 89 and was buzzing constantly, so I had to take it off and change the threshold the next day.  I was getting O2s below 85!  I turned the notifications off since I didn't want to be woken and then looked thru the results using Excel and reported them to PCP.  Once I got O2 concentrator I don't have O2 desaturations below 90 and no 4% drops and less than 10 3% drops where as I'd have 50-100 4% drops a night without O2.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Xyzal/Antihistamines affecting AHI/CA
TBW, it sounds like you have a very low incidence of CA. These pauses in breathing from once per hour to once per two hours is exceptionally benign in most people. They are usually short duration, low stress and have minimal impact on oxygen in the blood. CA can be stimulated by increases in EPR and sleep disruption. If we could see the complete settings for your machine and other data from your therapy we could probably put it in perspective or suggest improvements. Anyway, a great alternative to decongestants is Flonase or its generic equal fluticasone propionate. It works by easing inflammation from allergies and irritation. It's a different mechanism from antihistamines but accomplishes mostly the same decongestant effect, and tends to be less disruptive to sleep.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a starter oxymeter and to see what it's about, I bought the Pulox-250 (rebranded Centec CMS 50D+

Positives

1. It works OK.

2. It's the cheapest.

3. Fairly easy to export to Oscar, (once sorted out correct firmware)

4.Oxymeter generated basic reports not badand give a quick overview.

Negatives, (and solutions)

1.Can slip off your finger during the night- (Solution: with simple taping, stays put, and records fine.)

2. Runs on 1.5v batteries that don't last too long, maybe you get 3 nights. - (Solution: I use rechargable 1.2v batteries -fully charged up to nearly 1.4 v, that are good for a single night) Sounds crazy but amuses me somewhat, and a  bit of a test to see the practically over time.

3. Battery cover is pretty fragile, could break in time, then will need to be secured with tape. So far so good.

As indicated, it is pretty basic model, and for double the price you can get some pretty smart and convenient devices. But I will stay with this at the moment.

Oscar graphs pretty good, and give I think vital indication of how your therapy is going. Reassured with my SP02 stats, but somewhat erratic pulse. This is useful info, and will follow up with cardio. (Quad BP impact...). 
Just goes to show the value of such a little device.
Post Reply Post Reply
Low Pulse on Oximeter
Received my Wellue O2Ring and had it on for a 30m nap. 
Pulse lowest at 36: Avg 49
I just had a physical last Thurs and my resting was in 40's.
It's always been noticeably low where Med Tech's think device isn't working right.
Any insight?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Low Pulse on Oximeter
Are you taking Beta-Blockers?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 25 983 1 hour ago
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 842 11 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 178 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 259 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,272 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.