Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine Recommendation
RE: Machine Recommendation
I would not get any other machine than a ResMed.  It has proven to be an effective machine and is used by many people on this site.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Seeing so many recommendations for Resmeds here makes me wonder.  Is this site sponsored by Resmed?
Post Reply Post Reply
NO just many people have found out they are the best to control our therapy.  I owned a Phillips Dreamstation for 5 years and never got good treatment.  I came to this site and they helped me get my events under control.  After help I had an average of 25 events a night.  That was the best I got on a dreamstation and was told to get a resmed if I could.  I did buy my own and my events went down to 3 or less a night with many nights 0.  The resmed changed my life in many ways so I suggest to others that if they can get a resmed.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
On the same note, all machines has about the same mechanical workings.  It is a vacuum cleaner in reverse the WHOLE difference is in the programming  (algorithm) the machine has and ResMed seems to have the best programming.  It has a much quicker response to events making them less severe.
Post Reply Post Reply
Our purpose is to help our forum users get the best therapy. We will work with any brand, but ResMed provides the most consistent results.
Seeng detailed data is how we achieve the best results the quickest because we see what is happening.

To anyone that can break down the data structure of any device, we like to have it so we can include it in OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
The main reason for suggesting ResMed is that for most it gives the best, most consistent therapy while maintaining comfort. Secondly, a good reason is that these have a proven good overall reliability and parts are easily obtained if it is needed. Off brands like Chinese clones not so sure about any of it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,568 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 191 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 281 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Auto Titrating Machine Recommendation REM dominated OA BoxcarPete 21 1,392 11-20-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] LF Oral Surgeon recommendation in DMV area for MMA SleepWhenImDead 1 1,106 11-16-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: isabelle315
  Full Face Mask Recommendation? Dan8585 4 933 10-12-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: NightyTighty
  RECOMMENDATION REQUESTED - LIGHT THERAPY srlevine1 0 379 07-23-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.