Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine momentarily stops - ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV
Machine momentarily stops - ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV
My machine turns off for 1-2 seconds.   I notice it in the morning when it's about time to wake up (~7am) probably because I'm started to wake and it startles me.    

I've never noticed it at any other time.   I have a pre-industrial sleep pattern as I tend to sleep 4-5 hours after dusk and then get up for an hour or 2, and sleep again until 7am or so.   I would think that it was really happening, that I notice it as I come out of my first sleep cycle as well.   It doesn't always happen as I can go for weeks without any issues.    Nothing shows up on the diagnostics, so it's a head scratcher. 

The machine has 3600/hours.   It seems to be in good condition otherwise. 

Any ideas to diagnose this?    I'll position the machine so I can see the screen and maybe I can catch it doing something next time.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine momentarily stops - ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV
The only thing I can think of is you have auto start where if your take off your mask the machine stops - put on the mask it starts. This feature has caused many problems for people if you are using it I would turn it off and use the button on top of the machine to turn it on and off.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2021, 02:47 PM)staceyburke Wrote: The only thing I can think of is you have auto start where if your take off your mask the machine stops - put on the mask it starts. This feature has caused many problems for people if you are using it I would turn it off and use the button on top of the machine to turn it on and off.

Thanks!   Yes, I'm using the auto start.  I'll give it a try with it turned off.
Post Reply Post Reply
The thing to look for in the data -- did your pressure start back up at minimum when it started back up? Or did it restart where you left off?

The restarting where you left off is what happens if you have a power failure, and it is really good if you live somewhere that the power flickers.

(One thing that's really annoying is that I can't figure out how to get a battery backup that doesn't have a squealing alarm. Or at least doesn't have an alarm until the battery is almost discharged. I'm a computer sysadmin, I know how to protect my equipment with batteries, but it's stupid that I can't find exactly the same sort of battery as I would use for a computer that I could put on my cpap.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2021, 05:15 PM)cathyf Wrote: The thing to look for in the data -- did your pressure start back up at minimum when it started back up? Or did it restart where you left off?

The restarting where you left off is what happens if you have a power failure, and it is really good if you live somewhere that the power flickers.

(One thing that's really annoying is that I can't figure out how to get a battery backup that doesn't have a squealing alarm. Or at least doesn't have an alarm until the battery is almost discharged. I'm a computer sysadmin, I know how to protect my equipment with batteries, but it's stupid that I can't find exactly the same sort of battery as I would use for a computer that I could put on my cpap.)

Nice hack.   I turned off the auto-start feature and it hasn't repeated itself, but I'll check the pressure next time.   I'm usually disoriented when I wake up, so this has been an interesting problem.  Smile

Regarding, battery backup...    I own 2 of these batteries as I like to travel in poorer counties without good power infrastructure.    You'll notice the 150 WH which is the max for carry on for flights.   

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076PR...UTF8&psc=1

You'll need to find one that has a "full power pass through" which allows you to both charge and use the battery simultaneously to use as a UPS. This battery:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FYJ...UTF8&psc=1

Is like that as you can only use the 12 V when it is disconnected. I keep it around as a storm backup for electronics, but not what I wanted.

Then just find a power adapter.   I usually only buy cpap's with DC power requirements for this reason as they are much more gentle on the battery. 

Some of the medical devices don't allow you to turn off the alarm.   I had an oxygen machine like that and I just opened it up and snipped the wire to the speaker.    I connected it again before I sold it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,347 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.