Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Managing condensation in a full-face mask
Managing condensation in a full-face mask
I've never seen anyone mention this idea before so I thought I would contribute it.  I has made a huge positive difference for me.

One thing that drove me crazy in the beginning was the accumulation of moisture in my full-face mask.  I tried various settings for humidity and temperature.  That didn't really help much.  I got one of those sleeves you cover the heated tube with.  I think that helped.  I got an arm that holds the tube over my head.  That helped a lot.  

But I would still wake up with a clammy feeling between my mask and skin.  Often there would be a small pool of condensation on the downhill side of the mask.  I would wake up in the middle of the night and try to dry it out.  That generally woke me up enough that it was hard to fall back to sleep.

I got the idea to get a second mask.  I use the F&P Vitera mask which pops in and out of the frame that is connected to the headgear.  Other masks work similarly.  Now I get up, pop out the first one and pop in the backup.  It takes seconds.  Then back to sleep (or pee first).  If I get up a second time, the first mask has dried out and it's good to go.  I wake up at least once a night, so this works well for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 141 4 hours ago
Last Post: Yeliad
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 125 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 302 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 652 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 138 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,990 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 749 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.