Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask air leak
RE: Mask air leak
(07-27-2019, 03:49 PM)Hydrangea Wrote:
(07-21-2019, 11:47 AM)Big Guy Wrote: I used my AirFit F20 last night. Result was 0.3 AHI and O leaks.   Thinking-about

Still no idea as to why my F30 turned on me like it did.  Dont-know

Do you clean the F30 consistently?  My silicone masks leak if I don't clean them routinely (the grease from my face is not helpful for sealing).

P.S.  The F20 AirTouch (with memory foam) is the only FFM that I've found that does NOT leak on me.

I clean my masks almost every morning. Sometimes, I might skip a day at worst. 

Since having gone back to my AirFit F20, my leak rate has been 0.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, good for you!!! That's excellent. Who knows why the 30 was leaking? But at least you've found a good mask (the 20) for yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2019, 04:28 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: Oh, good for you!!!  That's excellent. Who knows why the 30 was leaking?  But at least you've found a good mask  (the 20) for yourself.

I started my SA therapy (Sept. 10, 2018) with the AirFit F20. I used it up until I was curious about the F30 a couple of months ago.

What I have found, is that the F20 is much more robust when it comes to maintaining it's shape and seal. What I do know for sure, is that I do like both of them. I'm not going to give up on the F30, I'll just give it a rest for a while and use the F20.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2019, 03:53 PM)theoak Wrote: ... if the darn thing did not hurt my nose ...

There's a product available in most any drug store. It's marketed as a salve for nursing mothers. I forget the name of it.

Put a dab in each nostril.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2019, 11:27 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(07-24-2019, 03:53 PM)theoak Wrote: ... if the darn thing did not hurt my nose ...

There's a product available in most any drug store. It's marketed as a salve for nursing mothers. I forget the name of it.

Put a dab in each nostril.

Lansinoh

Target carries it, in the baby section near the baby bottles.  It comes in a lavender box/tube.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm back to using my AirFit F30 FFM. For the last two nights, my leaks have been 2 L/min. I have to believe the air leaks have to do with the headgear straps not being just right. 

I did tighten them up a bit last night. I'm going to do a bit more adjusting tonight. My AirFit F20 does fine by me. But, it's a bit obtrusive and can be claustrophobic at times. 

Never in my life would I have ever thought that I'd be messing around trying to get a face mask just right when I sleep at night.  Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2019, 03:20 PM)Big Guy Wrote: Never in my life would I have ever thought that I'd be messing around trying to get a face mask just right when I sleep at night.  Rolleyes

I'm right there with ya!  Constantly on the hunt for the perfect mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2019, 10:30 PM)Hydrangea Wrote:
(08-04-2019, 03:20 PM)Big Guy Wrote: Never in my life would I have ever thought that I'd be messing around trying to get a face mask just right when I sleep at night.  Rolleyes

At the end of the day, when the dust has settled and the smoke has cleared, I think it's going to be the AirFit F20 for me.  Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2019, 10:52 PM)Big Guy Wrote:
(08-04-2019, 10:30 PM)Hydrangea Wrote:

At the end of the day, when the dust has settled and the smoke has cleared, I think it's going to be the AirFit F20 for me.  Thinking-about

I had high hopes for the F30. I just can't get it fit. When It's comfortable it leaks, when it's not leaking it's too tight. I think I need a larger cushion, but I'm already using the largest available.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2019, 04:52 AM)MitchS Wrote:
(08-04-2019, 10:52 PM)Big Guy Wrote:
(08-04-2019, 10:30 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: I'm right there with ya!  Constantly on the hunt for the perfect mask.

I had high hopes for the F30. I just can't get it fit. When It's comfortable it leaks, when it's not leaking it's too tight. I think I need a larger cushion, but I'm already using the largest available.

My F30 is a medium. From what I understand, it only comes in a small or medium.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 343 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Leak Spikes and A Break in Flow blu15 9 1,262 04-06-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: avhenry
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 10 419 03-29-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 4 202 03-29-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,477 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 213 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 799 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.