Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask attachment to redirect vented air away from partner?
Mask attachment to redirect vented air away from partner?
I remember coming across a device that clips to the front of your mask so that the vented air goes up (towards the top of your head) instead of straight forward (towards where your partner may be trying to sleep). But I don't remember any of the details beyond that and my Google skills are failing me on this one. I know some masks are now designed with the exhaust at the top. I also know that different masks are different shapes, so it's nigh impossible to make a clip-on device that's even close to universal. But does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask attachment to redirect vented air away from partner?
This is now used on some of the ResMed masks. “ ResMed introduces the QuietAir diffuser vent elbow, which, compared to ResMed’s previous design, reduces noise by 89% and produces a 70% gentler exhaled airflow. It is compatible with ResMed’s latest full face masks: AirFit F20 with silicone cushion and AirTouch F20 with memory foam cushion.

“With this technology, our full face masks’ noise levels are well below ambient noise in the bedroom,” says ResMed CEO Mick Farrell, in a release. “We are providing patients and their bed partners with the peace and quiet they deserve for better sleep.”
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. That's a start. But it's for full face. I thought there was one for just nasal masks, and hoping there's one for a nasal pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Take a look at the ResMed P30i and P30i. They have a built in defuser
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 365 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,623 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Error Message - Reached Attachment Quota parkdj808 2 502 02-14-2023, 01:15 PM
Last Post: parkdj808
  Partner is struggling with CPAP Couchpartner12 9 1,042 11-18-2022, 12:38 AM
Last Post: RainbowFish
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,281 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Traveling - use AIRSENSE with RESMED N30 nasal mask - forgot vented elbow!! new2paphopeful 0 650 06-25-2022, 12:29 AM
Last Post: new2paphopeful
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,856 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.