Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask noise
Mask noise
Has anyone had this happen?

I was awakened by a bubbling noise from my nasal mask this morning. I adjusted the mask, then it happened again. The noise was from one side of the mask. I expect it was about fit, but this was the first time I've ever had this before and wanted to know if you all have experienced it. I ended up taking the mask off and readjusting and got a couple more hours of sleep without it recurring. I looked at the monitor and checked my stats and there is nothing there about a large leak.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask noise
I've heard this noise in the past; it usually had to do with water in the hose. You sure it was coming from the mask, itself?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe a few drops of water in the piece that the pillows attach to? I have heard bubbling coming from the mask and that was when I realized at the last minute that I meant to wash it and forgot so there was no time to dry it properly! ha! It went away eventually!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi eaglett1111, It sounds like it might just be a case of re-positioning the mask. I know what mj is talking about, I have had water in my mask from washing it and not getting it dry andthat can make a noise, too. CONTINUED SUCCESS!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,285 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 147 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 360 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 595 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Noise tblaster 4 345 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: tblaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.