Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

corgan115 - therapy thread
RE: Self-Titration w/ APAP
You are in control. We can look for other ways to improve other than higher pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Self-Titration w/ APAP
Any suggestions outside of experimenting with different masks?  It took me a while to finally find a mask I like  Smile

On a side note, with no changes, last night my AHI for the first time ever was below 2.  The "how I feel in the morning" factor was also pretty good this morning.

Post Reply Post Reply
corgan115 - therapy thread
Hey folks,

I am needing some help with my therapy.  I have never had a proper titration study (insurance wouldn't cover it) and have been using an APAP.  Original settings were 4 - 15 but over time I've been slowly bumping the bottom number up.  This has reduced my average AHI from 3.5 - 4.5 to 1.5 - 2.5.  Still, I find myself pretty tired during the day and was hoping to get my AHI < 1, as I know a lot of people achieve that regularly.

Last night I decided to try another bump from 11 - 15 to 12 - 15.  I woke up significantly more tired and with a higher AHI.  Reviewing my Oscar I see last night I had more OA events than usual an even some CA events, which I normally don't have.  It's normally all OA.

I have attached my last 3 nights of OSCAR data.  Hoping someone might be able to provide some suggestions based on this data.

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: corgan115 - therapy thread
corgan115,
I have merged your most recent post with your original thread that you started in December in order to keep your history in one place.

This way, anyone wanting to help can easily see prior advice.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Corgan, your settings are 11-15 with EPR 3, so your minimum pressure is 8.0 cm at exhale. If you increase the minimum pressure by 1-cm to 12.0, I think your results wil be better. All events are obstructive, and that suggests we need to increase the minimum pressure, and especially considering the EPR you are using. Just increase minimum pressure to 12.0 and I think the event rate will drop.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider, do you think there would be any benefit in lowering the EPR in addition to or in lieu of raising the pressure any higher?  If I'm not mistaken OAs occur during exhalation.

EPR was set to 3 when I got the machine and I have never tried modifying it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Corgan, there is no problem with trying a lower EPR setting. Your 95% flow limitation is zero, so you may not need the pressure relief or pressure support at this level. You are correct that reducing EPR will raise the minimum EPAP which should help with the OA events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 153 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,336 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 955 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,199 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.