Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Month on CPAP can't stay asleep
Month on CPAP can't stay asleep
Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out why I can't stay asleep more than 4 to 5 hours a night. I also don't really know how to read the data from OSCAR I have switched through three different mask types. The first mask I tried was AirFit F30i, AirFit F20, and now I am on a N20 and that seems to produce the lowest amount of AHI for me. I have had two deviated septum surgeries in my life. I have terrible allergies and one side of my nose really sucks to try to breathe out of. Before starting CPAP I slept maybe 4 to 5 hours a night I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea. I had two different sleep test done with an at home test and an overnight stay. Most nights with CPAP I am able to fall asleep for between 2 to 5 hours and unable to fall back to sleep during the night. 

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Month on CPAP can't stay asleep
Welcome

Your numbers look good.  I suggest that you raise your starting pressure from 6  to 7.  Your EPR set at 3 will not work at the pressure setting 6.  Also, most adults are not comfortable with less than 7.

Don't worry about how long you can sleep right now.  You are doing fine.  You are still in the adjustment phase of pap therapy.  Getting used to having a foreign object strapped to your head and face and air blown up your nose takes a while.   Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 11 250 04-19-2024, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 46 2,219 04-12-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Improvement after adjustments - still can't stay asleep DKane 0 100 04-12-2024, 09:55 AM
Last Post: DKane
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 10 383 04-02-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: DKane
  Predicting overnight minimum SP02 before falling asleep dfunk 0 124 04-02-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 262 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  One month in and could use help RTC75321 2 222 03-20-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: RTC75321

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.