Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Meaning of reusable pollen filter - dreamstation
Meaning of reusable pollen filter - dreamstation
I recently ordered a "Reusable Pollen filter" for my philips dreamstation cpap machine. It looks like so : 
https://imgur.com/a/nAK7yKt

[Image: nAK7yKt]
My question is, which part of this filter is reusable ? I would think the actual filter is, but I can't find instructions on what the replacement filter specs should be (what filter (film?) do I need to buy) and how I can go about actually reusing this filter ? Or does reusable in this case mean I can pop the filter out and wash it ? If so, I can't find instructions on how i can pop the filter out. I have only one, so can't risk just pushing it around. I have washed it with water and gentle strokes of a soft brush but it didn't look like it'd pop out.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Meaning of reusable pollen filter - dreamstation
They are not very expensive and are made to be washed until damaged. I would just run cold water through from the back-side. These filters are not rated for efficiency, so it's probably as good as any dust filter. The plastic carrier is integrated and it's not meant to be disassembled.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 122 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Central apnea, graphs' meaning and ASV machine settings GT26 4 248 02-09-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: GT26
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,881 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 486 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
Wink Replacing filter fiber in N30i and P30i QuietAir vents - possible! PurpleOx 2 3,187 08-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Konomoose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.