Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Medicare......so far.....so good!
Medicare......so far.....so good!
I went on Medicare early last October. I wasn't sure what to expect in regards to having my CPAP supplies covered. We have the federal version of BC / BS. That is now our supplemental insurance. 

Prior to going on Medicare, my out-of-pocket responsibility for supplies was about 15-20% or so. I had no problem with that at all. 

I received some new supplies about a month ago. In the past, my DME sent a payment invoice request within a week or two at most, after having shipped the supplies. It's now been at least or very close to a full month, and no invoice. 

Also last Fall, the DME was still attempting to charge me the $9.09 monthly lease payment, even though 13 months had gone by. I called the parent company in Kentucky and spoke to a gal. I explained my concern to her and she agreed that I no longer was responsible for that payment. She said it was a "billing error". She assured me that she would take care of it. 

Anyways, it looks as if my contribution for supplies will now be zero. At least that's what I'm hoping it is.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Medicare......so far.....so good!
Share the updates Big Guy if you would. I enter into Medicare world this May, with Part A, B, and D being paid for due to my SSDI and welfare status. I'd be interested to hear how your journey is with Medicare. Thanks.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll keep the updates coming.
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW Big Guy whether this applies to you now, later, or never I am not certain, but in my attempt to get a different machine than the current ASV scenario, Doc told me that Medicare is supposedly more lenient at approving upgraded machines contingent upon medical necessity...my doc said we may need to wait until Medicare is active for me and then we can submit machine change...a FWIW.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to know, thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 71 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 154 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 148 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 178 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 203 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.