Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

If you suffer from TMJ, Cervical collar can make it worse
If you suffer from TMJ, Cervical collar can make it worse
Way back I posted that I'm having issues with TMJ due to the N20.  I've experimented a lot, and realized it wasn't the N20, but it is actually the cervical collar. 

If you have TMJ, and if it seems like the symptoms are worsening, try sleeping without the collar.  You will likely see that TMJ symptoms will alleviate as it did to me.  

My flow limitations go up somewhat, but it's definately worth the lowered jaw pain in the morning since the clinching from the cervical collar would have much greater effect in disturbing my sleep.

Since the cervical collar is pushing against your jaw, it cause your jaw to clinch, and if you clinch hard, it can wake you up, and you will be sore in the morning. So, you have to weight the pros and cons. In my case, I do not get clusters with nasal mask, so it makes sense to take the collar off, but raise FL somewhat. Overall, better quality sleep with the collar off, and better quality of life without the painful jaw.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 570 3 hours ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 234 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Data Comparison - Cervical Collar vs No Cervical Collar phoen1kx 9 223 Yesterday, 11:26 AM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 182 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 588 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 329 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Not sure what to make of my OSCAR data Machinist 3 214 03-10-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Machinist

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.